New to Android (Galaxy S4) came from Iphone 5...My 2 cents

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It would depend on what is important to me.... and I think that's the point that Legal is trying to make.

Posted via Android Central App

That's a good point. I wouldn't get the Accord because I dislike cars that are Imported to the US. But I would consider a Chevy Camaro or a Dodge Challenger. It would depend on where my priorities were. I would rather have a modest house and a modest car, but then be able to travel often and have all the toys as well.

With a phone, I want a great device in my hand but i'm not going to pout and sulk if it lags for a 10th of a second. There's just too many things in life that are more important to me. I'm not saying anyone else has to agree, but that's how I choose to live. It's not a lack of ambition or whatever other low blow way someone wants to look at it. It's just a difference in priorities.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If all the cars in the world were all priced in the same general range, you're not gonna have honda's beat lambo's in sales. You're going to tell me that overall a honda accord is a better car than a lamborghini aventador?

More sales resulting in better quality can be true to some degree in regards to phones because most phones are a closer range in the prices unlike if you were to compare high end cars to low end cars. If you can afford a s4 why would you get something like a blackberry if you want something fast and reliable?
Obviously more sales doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better phone but it sure does factor in. There's a reason why the galaxy line has been selling so well.

This is a good point. Which proves to me that the top end phones are all awesome based on individual needs. I for instance, prefer the added features of TouchWiz and Sense to the Vanilla Android experience. That's just my preference. If I can have extra features over no lag, I will take extra features. I know that's tough for some to expect, but that just means more Nexi for the rest of you.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
This is a good point. Which proves to me that the top end phones are all awesome based on individual needs. I for instance, prefer the added features of TouchWiz and Sense to the Vanilla Android experience. That's just my preference. If I can have extra features over no lag, I will take extra features. I know that's tough for some to expect, but that just means more Nexi for the rest of you.
So apparently you were not satisfied with your previous phone, even though it had amazing technology. You still wanted more.

And that was the point I was trying to make when you said it was unreasonable to expect better UI performance. It is not any more "unreasonable" than you expecting better features. The UI smoothness simply isn't that important to you.

You were criticizing me for being too demanding. The "OMG just use what you like" argument goes both ways.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So apparently you were not satisfied with your previous phone, even though it had amazing technology. You still wanted more.

And that was the point I was trying to make when you said it was unreasonable to expect better UI performance. It is not any more "unreasonable" than you expecting better features. The UI smoothness simply isn't that important to you.

You were criticizing me for being too demanding. The "OMG just use what you like" argument goes both ways.

I never said it was unreasonable. I also never said "OMG just use what you like". If that's how it was interpreted, that's because you take bits and pieces from the whole point and try create something that isn't there.

I was very satisfied with my Razr Maxx but wanted the features of TouchWiz. I loved both phones. Heck, I still love my Bionic. It wasn't that I wanted something "more" so much as I wanted something different.

I just don't understand why you're following me around in two different threads and nitpicking everything I am saying to bait me into an argument. If I have offended you, I apologize. My posts are not directed at you specifically when I post something. I am just speaking in general terms based on my experience and opinion. I respect your opinion but I REALLY don't enjoy having to defend my opinion when it isn't going to change and I have no problem with you having your opinion.

kozlosap

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I switched from being a 4 year iPhone user to the S4 exactly one month ago today. I still am addicted to my iPad HD and use my old iPhone 4S as an iPod Touch, however, I have become a raving FANGIRL (woman, LMFAO) of my S4. My main complaint was loosing iChat and FaceTime connectivity with this major decision. I am literally the only person in my family and among my closest friends who has gone to the "dark side". With the new Google Hangouts, my video chat problems are solved;) I do wish I could find a way to add my @icloud.com email account. If any of you Droid experts have any ideas on how to add that account, please let me know.

The screen on my Galaxy is the envy of all of my iPhone group. They are fascinated with Swype. Being 60, I love the bigger screen, and I'm relatively quick and accurate when using the Swype method of imput to text. Swiftkey is my program of choice for keyboards. The voice commands work really well with this new phone - I'm sure that observers think I'm crazy when they hear me giving the command "shoot" when taking a series of pictures! I agree with those who compare high end smartphones to cars. Some like Beamers, and some like Mercedes, but they are both wonderful cars. The Galaxy S4 and the iPhone are both awesome devices, it just so happens that at the moment the S4 is alittle ahead of the game do to screen, speed, removable battery and micro SD card capability, however, when the ghost of Steve Jobs introduces the iPhone 6 in the next year or so, the pendulum will swing again.;)

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just don't understand why you're following me around in two different threads and nitpicking everything I am saying to bait me into an argument. If I have offended you, I apologize.
You havn't. I have no idea why everyone is so defensive here. Criticizing an opinion about technology is not a personal attack. These are just phones.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
OK, what about contacts... Android linking multiple contracts is so much better than iOS, unless apple does this now? (Not had an iPhone for a year). And how about being able to customise vibration patterns, so if your partner messages you you know its them without even taking your phone out of your pocket...
iOS 5 had the custom vibrations
Or the awesome alarms on android, immeasurably superior to iOS. Or the colour changing led? Or the awesome swipe keyboard? Or Google now? Or Google maps!
What is the awesome alarm stuff? Google maps are available on iOS and look much better then the Android counter part.
There is loads of stuff android does so much better, you need to take time and find it is all.
Or maybe he is used to iOS so much that he is happier with it. Android does NOT do everything better, for example email clients absolutely suck.
Rebuttal in bold.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5, sgs4 and the one and my day to day fave is the one. IPhone is pretty boring, but smooth and reliable. The one is nearly as smooth as the iPhone and so much smoother than my s4. The s4 has been a letdown and I loved the s3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54