New to Android, HTC, Vivid - sync question

dodgerguy24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but have not had any luck yet:

I am new to Android and HTC and learning. Came from WebOS. Anyway, I am getting blurry caller ID pictures and I have read I need to disable contact syncing in gmail and use HTC Facebook. So I have 2 dumb questions:

1. How do I disable syncing contacts in gmail.

2. I see the facebook for htc app in all apps (in settings, apps, all apsps) but the main facebook for android app seems to be running and I can't see how to use just the htc facebook app.

Sorry if the question is overly basic, I usually feel pretty good about doing all of this but am stuck here.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but have not had any luck yet:

I am new to Android and HTC and learning. Came from WebOS. Anyway, I am getting blurry caller ID pictures and I have read I need to disable contact syncing in gmail and use HTC Facebook. So I have 2 dumb questions:

1. How do I disable syncing contacts in gmail.

2. I see the facebook for htc app in all apps (in settings, apps, all apsps) but the main facebook for android app seems to be running and I can't see how to use just the htc facebook app.

Sorry if the question is overly basic, I usually feel pretty good about doing all of this but am stuck here.
Don't use Facebook, but try syncing with SyncMate, and see how that works for you.:)

dodgerguy24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't use Facebook, but try syncing with SyncMate, and see how that works for you.:)

Thanks for the info and I can appreciate not using facebook etc. for contacts etc. However, I like the photos that pop up on caller ID from FB. So would like to know how to do the original q's. Thank you though for the quick reply.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Google syncing is likely not the problem... Try this: open People, then select one of your contacts that is on your FB. In the top right corner of the contact, you should have a "link" button -it may show a broken chain and bear the caption "Google". Hit that, then link the contact on your phone to FB. It may take a bit, but that should do it.

It should periodically notify you that you have unlinked contacts, and offer to link them. All linking does is combine all separate accounts for a given contact into one place, so you can Tweet, FB, call, text, etc. from a single listing.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info and I can appreciate not using facebook etc. for contacts etc. However, I like the photos that pop up on caller ID from FB. So would like to know how to do the original q's. Thank you though for the quick reply.

Attach photos to your contacts, and they will pop up when those people call you. My dislike of Facebook, is my own opinion. Too much info, going out to too many people. I'd rather call or text the person that i want to talk with.:p