New to the DROID family

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I had been a Crackberry abuser for 4 years and i never thought i'd see the day when i left. I went to Verizon to get the Storm2, a rep walked up and said "have you checked out the droid." To which i replied, "yeah, but i hate sliders..." When he left i meandered over to the DROID and played with it for a couple of min. I was BLOWN AWAY and bought it the next day.

With that said....i have a question!

Is there any way to set the screen up so the 1st page is the main page..with the two other pages being on the right??? I would like to flip through the pages like a book, and not have to go back and forth.

Thanks

R

Roy Aguilera

I had been a Crackberry abuser for 4 years and i never thought i'd see the day when i left. I went to Verizon to get the Storm2, a rep walked up and said "have you checked out the droid." To which i replied, "yeah, but i hate sliders..." When he left i meandered over to the DROID and played with it for a couple of min. I was BLOWN AWAY and bought it the next day.

With that said....i have a question!

Is there any way to set the screen up so the 1st page is the main page..with the two other pages being on the right??? I would like to flip through the pages like a book, and not have to go back and forth.

Thanks

Sure with a home replacement. Try Panda home or Home ++. Both are free. If you have a buck or 2, buy dxTop or GDE. Those are both better.

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I use dxTop .... and the setup is based on gestures ... scroll down its the top page, scroll down its a bottom, and then left and right are two other screens ... like a cross pattern and those swipes work the same on any screen ... so the left you scroll down and its the main page ect. Haven't tried the free ones but paid is probably the best solution.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
First welcome to the Droid family and your trip to verizon sound like the same as mine, going to buy the storm but walk out with a Droid. You will be very happy you made the move.

It sounds like you would like GDE which you can swipe to any side right or left and keep going through all screens i.e. 1-2-3-1-2-3-1 this way you never have to scroll back if you don't want to. And you can pick any of the screens to be your home and up to 7 different screens or as few as you want.

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
you can move all your icons to the left screen, just press and hold --> widget/shortcut

Thats the easiest way I can think... just set up that way and rock the DROID

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the help guys. However, i'm still a little confused. When i search yalls recommendations in the market, i get a whole list of different themese and such. Specifically, i don't want to change anything about the theme (colors, icons, or strange menu bar). All i want is to be able to set the first screen as my home page.

And could you give me a specific item to type in the search field.

Sorry, newb and all

hookbill

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You're not alone in moving from Crackberry. I've been running the Storm for the past year and I decided to move to Droid. Best move I could have made.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the help guys. However, i'm still a little confused. When i search yalls recommendations in the market, i get a whole list of different themese and such. Specifically, i don't want to change anything about the theme (colors, icons, or strange menu bar). All i want is to be able to set the first screen as my home page.

And could you give me a specific item to type in the search field.

Sorry, newb and all

The only way I know how to do that (set screen one has home screen) is using GDE which if you search that you will see many of the GDE theme's too. Its called "GDE - The new home" and that is all you need and will not change your icons or colors.

clackout

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I am also a ex-Storm user. and the DROID was the best move ever made.
It took me a little bit to ge use to the left then right scroll. you will get used to it.
Welcome my fellow Droidanian, Welcome.

infernl#AC

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I too am an ex-Storm owner. My wife still has a Storm, and if I need to do anything to her phone - I find myself tapping away at it, until I realize I have to click... (I hated that).

Welcome!

R

Roy Aguilera

The only way I know how to do that (set screen one has home screen) is using GDE which if you search that you will see many of the GDE theme's too. Its called "GDE - The new home" and that is all you need and will not change your icons or colors.

Yeah. GDE is the only one that will let you select which screen will be the home one. Like Larry said it will not change your icons at all.

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
<- XStorm user.. There is allot of home replacement options as you can prolly tell from all the replies. Personally I'm a minimalist by nature and found the most basic replacement with small upgrades I could, either way try them all out as most of us have here. Almost all have the option you're looking for in your home screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly