draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a shift today through Best Buy (couldnt beat $99) and wanted to know how easy is it to theme it? I was deciding between this & the Epic, has anyone used both? Any thoughts?

LancerzRalliart

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure about the themes, but trust me the epic is doesnt even compare to the shift. The only plus is the amoled screen, everything else sucks. Once you hold both phones in your hand you can tell that the epic is gonna fall apart very fast. Feels like a cheap $5 toy from the dollar store. You made the right choice.

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I think i made the right decision with Shift over Epic too. So once it finally gets here I have to Root first & then i can apply themes, OC'd Kernals & honeycomb Music Player?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I think i made the right decision with Shift over Epic too. So once it finally gets here I have to Root first & then i can apply themes, OC'd Kernals & honeycomb Music Player?

Welcome to the forums...... yes you need to be rooted first. I would spend some time with the phone on stock before messing with stuff. Read up on the rooting/backing up/custom roms forums and learn as much as you can.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome.gif
to Android Central Forum.
enjoy.gif

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
you can apply themes to your phone without having to rooting it but they are not the greatest and most you have to use open home or some pandahome

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again everyone for the quick replies. UPS has held me hostage today haha, still waiting for my new Shift to get here.

EDIT:

Finally it came about 2 hours ago & wow, i'm very impressed with the speed of this phone & build quality. Coming from a Pre its very nice to have a solid phone hardware wise. I'm just trying to find apps to replace the ones i used in webOS now.

Last edited:

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
what are the type of apps your looking for and we can help you find the best ones

I had a great couple of apps on Pre, one was Checkbook & the other was Shopping List. They both were great function wise but also looked very good & polished. Those are the two main ones since I can wait for gingerbread for the music player

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a great couple of apps on Pre, one was Checkbook & the other was Shopping List. They both were great function wise but also looked very good & polished. Those are the two main ones since I can wait for gingerbread for the music player

for the checkbook. i use Faith's Checkbook Devotions. Its free and has a lot of great reviews for it. there is one called Check Book thats $2.00 and also has great reviews but i haven't used that one. Shopping list i use OI Shopping list. That one is also free, simple to use and can do ToDo list. it has a 4.5 stars out of 5

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
for the checkbook. i use Faith's Checkbook Devotions. Its free and has a lot of great reviews for it. there is one called Check Book thats $2.00 and also has great reviews but i haven't used that one. Shopping list i use OI Shopping list. That one is also free, simple to use and can do ToDo list. it has a 4.5 stars out of 5

Thanks I'll check em out, my girlfriend got home from work last night n wanted to see my phone. So she sets down her OG EVO n I remember how nice n big that screen is lol