Newbie Looking for help

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to put froyo on my samsung fascinate. I have never done this before on any phone and brand new to rooting. I just tried to do it myself and followed all the steps in the [Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/15 thread and when i pushed START it gave me this message "<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0). i waited 15 mins to be safe and the phone never powered down so i unplugged put the battery back in and started it up and nothing changed still same way. Is there anyone here thats willing to help me out and get froyo on my fascinate?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Did you make sure your computer was seeing your phone? It should see a yellow block like the one circled in the image below.

5tut-1.png

Original image from http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/59564-guide-tools-trade-troubleshooting-returning-stock.html

Reactions: esrakes24

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK no it wasnt reading my phone. if it isnt reading how do i make sure it is reading?

First install Drivers HERE

plug USB cable in the back of the computer, if its already there use another port in the back of the computer
disable any antivirus program running
remove battery from phone and leave it out
plug in the phone
press the down volume button till you see the yellow triangle with the android shoveling , it says downloading do not turn off target

Reactions: esrakes24

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
While im here asking questions that have already been posted i mind as well ask wich version i should use Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod OR Super Clean version 2.4 - EB01 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK no it wasnt reading my phone. if it isnt reading how do i make sure it is reading?

Make sure you download the latest samsung drivers from the original post, use the USB ports in the back of the computer not the front, battery out the whole time, hold down the volume button until the yellow box appears in ODIN as shown above. The yellow box does not appear at the same time as the big yellow triangle on your phone, you have to wait about 2 more seconds.

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
OK i was successful in in putting froyo on my fascinate and i want to thank you guys for helping me. it was SO easy after knowing about the drivers(obv cant read lol) THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!