Next big phone after the SIII

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my HTC Thunderbolt, can't upgrade before November without paying full price. Love my Thunderbolt but would like to upgrade. Any thoughts on the next big phone after the SIII sometime around November?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
DROID maxx hd is my bet. Also don't discount the HTC DROID incredible 4G LTE. It's a pretty solid phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jace

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
was waiting for the razr maxx hd before we got lucky and had the galaxy siii come out on verizon (seemed up in the air a few weeks ago). i was regretting going with the 1-yr on the thunderbolt from january to may when there were NO new premier phones, but circumstances given what they are with the unlimited data, the timing seems fortuitous in retrospect.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my HTC Thunderbolt, can't upgrade before November without paying full price. Love my Thunderbolt but would like to upgrade. Any thoughts on the next big phone after the SIII sometime around November?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

its rumored that the galaxy note 2 will be released around sometime in October

check this thread here;
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/178397-s3-hand-g-note-ii-bush.html

looks like the gpu will make it a monster.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There's also that Sony one that will be announced in 2 weeks. No idea if it will come to Big Red though.

-Suntan

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
There is the Razr HD, Possible Galaxy Note 2 for verizon in the fall and if you consider this an upgrade there is the HTC Incredible 4G

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
As others have mentioned the Note 2 will likely be coming out in a few months. Not sure if it will come to Verizon, but hopefully it will. I may wind up selling the S3 I preordered to get it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Lol,Im not so sure how much bigger of a phone I actually want tho.I mean I don't want to be holding a tablet size phone to my ear.I know the note 2 isn't that much bigger but the trend seems to still be heading that way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i'm in the boat where i am wondering how this s3 will compare w/ the next nexus.

i'm not crazy about touchwiz or the actual look of the phone, but everything else is awesome-- especially the removable memory and battery. and it's FAST.

i feel kinda pushed into upgrading now, because if i want to keep my unlimited data, i need to upgrade now, and be safe for 2 years, basically. i know i can keep it regardless, but i am not in the means of buying a phone unsubsidized, so i guess this is the choice i gotta make.

i'm not a huge data user at all, but with lte i probably will be. kinda like a chicken/egg thing, haha.

does the shared data plan eliminate the personal data plan w/ $10 family member?

also, i liked the nexus's getting the updates first. is samsung really "that" bad?

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
i'm in the boat where i am wondering how this s3 will compare w/ the next nexus.

i'm not crazy about touchwiz or the actual look of the phone, but everything else is awesome-- especially the removable memory and battery. and it's FAST.

i feel kinda pushed into upgrading now, because if i want to keep my unlimited data, i need to upgrade now, and be safe for 2 years, basically. i know i can keep it regardless, but i am not in the means of buying a phone unsubsidized, so i guess this is the choice i gotta make.

i'm not a huge data user at all, but with lte i probably will be. kinda like a chicken/egg thing, haha.

does the shared data plan eliminate the personal data plan w/ $10 family member?

also, i liked the nexus's getting the updates first. is samsung really "that" bad?

Buy a Droid Razr Maxx for $199. Don't open it and put it on ebay. I did that with both my accounts. I just sold one for $550. Then buy the S3 at full price.

Reactions: socal and Funkpod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts