Next nexus?

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In July my contract ends and yes im looking for a phone then

Well that will be after this year's Google I/O, in which Google is said to announce their plan to release multiple Nexus devices with Jellybean by Thanksgiving. Though all of that is hearsay thus far.

Android4life2

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I would wait for the new nexus devices with faster GPU and maybe quad core and better screen display.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Should I buy galaxy nexus lte or wait for next nexus?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

you should buy a GSM Nexus now. 399 hard to beat, unlocked.

if you're on vzw, you won't be getting the next Nexus anyways... so don't bother waiting unless you plan to switch carriers... it's been said that cdma will not be part of the next Nexus...

Reactions: eric0668

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

if you're on vzw, you won't be getting the next Nexus anyways... so don't bother waiting unless you plan to switch carriers... it's been said that cdma will not be part of the next Nexus...

While I understand this logic, where was this actually said by any party with substantial knowledge of the goings-ons?

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If your contract isn't up until July, I'd hold out for the new nexus

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Android Central Forums

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Should I buy galaxy nexus lte or wait for next nexus?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

U could buy a nxus from best buy and always buy the buyback program ($60) they will buy ur nexus back for $350-$400 in 6 months which will be around when the next nexus comes out

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
in my experience, you should just upgrade as soon as you can. If you dont it becomes this waiting game where things are delayed and the specs arent what you hoped for and by the time you actually get a new you could have been 6 months into a contract when there is a better phone coming out soon anyways..

I also just heard Jeally bean is going to hit the galaxy nexus so if you upgrade now, you can enjoy the splendor of ICS 4.04 76k and then 6 months or less from now get upgraded to jeally bean while you wait for your next upgrade

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If you wait, you'll always be waiting. There's always the next big thing around the corner

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Ry

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I love my Galaxy nexus on Tmo. The best phone I have ownes, and I have had the Nexus One, The Vibrant , MyTouch 4G, Nexus S, and Galaxy S2...all at the time, Tmo's highest end phones.

This one is right up there too. It is not hspa+42, but that is clearly not a dealbreaker

I do see the nice things coming on the X, and even better on the S III, despite some being let down, but the screen on the Nexus is still awesome, love the on screen keys, one of the best features of the best phones they are comparing it to is the zero shutter lag, which rocks, and ICS with PURE Google, no matter how good the One X is or Galaxy S III is we will always get updates first, and with each nexus, quicker than the previous one.

quamdar

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Personally I'm in the same boat, I'm definitely buying a nexus and debating on whether I want to wait or not.

Personally I am going to wait till I/O and see what they got coming hardware wise but if it is just LTE and quad cores I'm going galaxy nexus. No LTE for AT&T here so not worth waiting just for quad core IMO unless they look a lot better.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If it wasn't for these darn connectivity issue and the slight heat problem...this would the greatest cell phone ever. No worries though, got a new coming so we'll see if the heat issue was just my unit....I hope so anyway. Anyways, if you can't wait get the Nexus now and play around with ICS and all the awesome stuff that comes with it, then enjoy JB. If you can hold off for a little while then grab one of the new Nexus and enjoy a vanilla flavored JB in front of everyone. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

It was never said that cdma would not be part of the next nexus. Quit spreading BS since you have nothing to back up your statements. And clearly there is only cdma lte nexus so that is what network the OP must be on so gsm doesnt really help them much.

Reactions: Ry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jagwap