Nexus 10 no HDMI output to tv

xxLiquidX

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
As stated I tried connecting my n10 to my TV and all I got was a black screen. Nothing changed on the n10 either if there was supposed to have something happen. I'm on 4.2 also that updated today for me.

So is there something that I need to do?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

jrhodes973

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
As stated I tried connecting my n10 to my TV and all I got was a black screen. Nothing changed on the n10 either if there was supposed to have something happen. I'm on 4.2 also that updated today for me.

Mine works. Make sure you have the correct HDMI input on the TV.

hfield12

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem no picture, but sound works fine. Cable is good works with my wife's droid 3. Any settings that need to be changed or is the connection on the nexus 10 bad?

xxLiquidX

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm used to forums and did search using key words that may have worked but I did see that thread bit with it stating audio in the title I skipped it.

I'll have to check out the new tablet with my current cable and if nothing I'll try the new cables.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm used to forums and did search using key words that may have worked but I did see that thread bit with it stating audio in the title I skipped it.

I'll have to check out the new tablet with my current cable and if nothing I'll try the new cables.

Cool. If you haven't (not sure if you did) try a restart of device. It fixed my problem.

xxLiquidX

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it didn't fix it from when I did reset it.

Has there been users using a hdmi cable that works on 1 device but not another?

xxLiquidX

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Replacement tablet has the same response. I'm going to try a better [new] cable.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had an issues with not getting any audio when connected at first, when the n10 is plugged in the volume controls no longer work on the tablet, just from the tv. i unplugged the n10 then made sure the volume wasnt on mute(it wasnt), reconnected and it worked fine from that point.

xxLiquidX

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered in the blue rigger 10 ft cable and it fixed my issue, I guess this tablet is picky about cables.

Trover2

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to connect my Nexus 10 to the to my Samsung TV via the HDMI port with no success. The screen just comes up blank and says I need to check the setting on the source device. I called PlayStore support and they said that it was not possible at this point, but that an update would be coming in a few weeks. Has anyone else heard of this update?

bobin704

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Im having kind of the same issue...with mine, it plays fine on the tablet, but when i plug in the hdmi cord it looks like it starts to buffer..i unplug it and it plays on the tablet, but just can't get it to play on the tv via the HDMI!

Ripdroid

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Im having kind of the same issue...with mine, it plays fine on the tablet, but when i plug in the hdmi cord it looks like it starts to buffer..i unplug it and it plays on the tablet, but just can't get it to play on the tv via the HDMI!
I have the same issue. Works fine on the tablet but when I connect to the TV it starts to buffer but never plays. Unplug from the TV and play resumes on my N10??? Results are the same in my Vizio and LG TV's.

Last edited:

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to connect my Nexus 10 to the to my Samsung TV via the HDMI port with no success. The screen just comes up blank and says I need to check the setting on the source device. I called PlayStore support and they said that it was not possible at this point, but that an update would be coming in a few weeks. Has anyone else heard of this update?

Did you mention anything about the brand TV you are using?

I use my N10 connected to my 46' Samsung pretty much constantly. Everything works perfectly. I use it with a bluetooth keyboard and usb wifi mouse from my couch. I'm on version 4.2.1 using a motorola branded HDMI cable I had for my Xoom.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD