Nexus 4 multiple problems can't get it to work

Z3GMob

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I bought an used Nexus 4, the owner said that the problems started when he tried to update it to 4.4 and then it bricked and he couldn't turn it on. But when I got the phone today I plugged it in to charge it blinked red few times then showed battery charging like 5 times then showed a full white battery with a lightning on it and when i pressed power button it turned on normally but it said Charging 0% then i used it (while still charging) for about 4 minutes and it randomly turned off. Then i tried the guide on this forum which says to hold the power volume buttons plug to pc and etc.. i did that the red light starts shining i hear the sound that PC notices that something is plugged it and then suddenly the sound repeats which means that pc thinks its not plugged it anymore. Tried doing it over and over again, once I got to the recovery mode but it turned of instantly. I did manage to turn on the phone again later it did turned off after few minutes again but i was able to turn it on once again and it even showed charging 4% that time but it turned off again and now its sitting on my table for about an hour black screen and once every few minutes GOOGLE logo shows up and disappears. And now it started blinking red again. What should i do?
EDIT: now after few minutes of blinking the red light just shines.
EDIT 2: Now it looks just plain dead :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 multiple problems cant get it to work

The battery is totally flat. Plugging the charger in for 5 minutes (or 2 hours) isn't going to give you enough charge to do anything. Keep the phone off. Plug the charger in. Keep it charging for 24 hours (without turning it on to see if it's charging). Then see what happens.

Z3GMob

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

OK I will try charging it for a whole day now, but might the problem be related to the fact that I'm using only 0,7A charger instead of 1,2A?

Z3GMob

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

So I charged it for more than 20 hours tried turning it on - nothing happened. Tried to hold power button for 60 secs then plug in the cable and for once even got to the Google logo again but after that it went to red light blinking again. Then I even opened the back of the phone to plug the battery off and tried plugging the cable in and out many times but all my effort always resulted in ether flashing or solid red light... Any more ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you get the bootloader to boot? Hold volume down+power until it loads. If it does then you can recover it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Z3GMob

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
No nothing happens when i press any combination of buttons, I left it over night just laying on the table today i borrowed a 2,0A charger and plugged it in but i think it's so dead that the red light doesn't even come on. I will leave it for a few hours and see what happens.
EDIT: After 6 hours of charging - still no signs of life at all.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
66cinelli