Nexus 4 not Deep Sleeping (No Apparent Wakelocks? Android 4.3 update)

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If you're using a wireless charger there is a bug keeping the powermanagerservice.wirelesschargerdetector wake lock active for hours

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 4

You mean while it's on the charger? If it's on the charger, why does it matter if it's awake or asleep? :confused:

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine seems to have been fixed by uninstalling UCCW, skins for it, and some icon packs. Been off charger for four hours so far and just 25 minutes of awake time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, I do use UCCW but it's been sleeping fine even with the app running, the thing is, as I've mentioned, I get fluctuating sleep patterns...sometimes it'll stay awake for no reason at other times it'll sleep like normal...

If you're using a wireless charger there is a bug keeping the powermanagerservice.wirelesschargerdetector wake lock active for hours

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 4

I'm aware of the wireless charging wakelock but I don't use a wireless charger...

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I do use UCCW but it's been sleeping fine even with the app running, the thing is, as I've mentioned, I get fluctuating sleep patterns...sometimes it'll stay awake for no reason at other times it'll sleep like normal...

I'm aware of the wireless charging wakelock but I don't use a wireless charger...

Odd. Mine has been fixed for two days after completely uninstalling uccw. Maybe a 4.3 bug with one of the skins I had?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Tearing my hair out! After the update my battery life went from 18 hours to 30. Losing nothing sleeping. After three days, I wake up to find battery low with both Google services and media server the culprits. I can't work out what's causing this.stock ROM no apps. I do factory reset and again it's great for three days? All I do is browse, read Google book and listen to Google music.
I have noticed when it wakes up the signal icons stay grey for a few seconds. When it's playing up they are already blue.
All settings default with Google now on.
First three days standby uses nothing. After three days it stops sleeping.

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Tearing my hair out! After the update my battery life went from 18 hours to 30. Losing nothing sleeping. After three days, I wake up to find battery low with both Google services and media server the culprits. I can't work out what's causing this.stock ROM no apps. I do factory reset and again it's great for three days? All I do is browse, read Google book and listen to Google music.
I have noticed when it wakes up the signal icons stay grey for a few seconds. When it's playing up they are already blue.
All settings default with Google now on.
First three days standby uses nothing. After three days it stops sleeping.

I just reboot my phone at night when it goes on the charger. That has made the standby time stay very good. But if I don't reboot my phone daily, something will start to cause the battery to drain with no apparent wake locks. Oh well...guess the daily reboot will do for now.

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I just reboot my phone at night when it goes on the charger. That has made the standby time stay very good. But if I don't reboot my phone daily, something will start to cause the battery to drain with no apparent wake locks. Oh well...guess the daily reboot will do for now.

That's ended up being my strategy as well, a quick reboot seems to shake things enough up to ironically make it sleep. But it seems like such an illogical solution...

Sent from my Nexus 4

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Is this happening to everyone, or just a select few?
It happened to me on Nexus 7 (never on N4). Long time I was trying to pinpoint the culprit.
Looks like I had. The major difference between devices I have was live wallpaper - on N4 it's stock one, on N7 it was Galaxy S4 Leaf .
After I uninstalled the Galaxy S4 Leaf wallpaper, it seems N7 sleeps well! :)
WakeLock detector didn't show any specific app waking up N7, but Android OS didn't allow it to sleep.
Will monitor it longer, but hopefully it's over...
BTW, reboot always helped to reduce battery drain for day or two, but then it started to drain really fast.

Last edited:

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I just use the last (grey diamond) static pre installed wallpaper on my Nexus 4.
It seems to differ from device to device, the lack of deep sleep.

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I just use the last (grey diamond) static pre installed wallpaper on my Nexus 4.
It seems to differ from device to device, the lack of deep sleep.
I think it can be any app, not necessary wallpaper. Just very hard to pinpoint because no specific program is reported, just OS itself starts to drain battery.
Still, I think it happens because of some app, not the OS itself.

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for you help everyone!

Ever since the 1.8mb security update, which I received OTA 4 days ago, my N4 has been deep sleeping like a baby...I've noticed consistent sleep for the past 3 nights (dropping about 0.2%/hour) when I switch off my WiFi and put my phone aside for the night.

Only time will tell, another couple of days observation should give me some concrete results...

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

KJDUNPHY

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I dont mean to hijack this thread but i dont think its neccessary to create a new thread for my issue... Just curious to know what these little numbers beside the times mean? For example in my pic it shows Facebook messenger 1m 4s ... x522! Whats the 522 represent?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1377680990405.jpg
    1377680990405.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 23

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for you help everyone!

Ever since the 1.8mb security update, which I received OTA 4 days ago, my N4 has been deep sleeping like a baby...I've noticed consistent sleep for the past 3 nights (dropping about 0.2%/hour) when I switch off my WiFi and put my phone aside for the night.

Only time will tell, another couple of days observation should give me some concrete results...

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Curious about your standby time :confused:
If I recalculate your numbers (0.2% drain per hour), you can forget about your phone for 10 days and it still will have 50% of battery left... Is it really this good? :)

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Curious about your standby time :confused:
If I recalculate your numbers (0.2% drain per hour), you can forget about your phone for 10 days and it still will have 50% of battery left... Is it really this good? :)

I'm not exaggerating I promise you, BetterBatteryStats showed a drop from 100% to 98% over a 10 hour period...

I'll post up before and after screens of tonight, it really is that good :)

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not exaggerating I promise you, BetterBatteryStats showed a drop from 100% to 98% over a 10 hour period...

I'll post up before and after screens of tonight, it really is that good :)
I wish I can have something like this :(
I'm not a heavy user and good standby time is important to me, don't wont to charge phone every day or two.
With using Llama to switch off unused services (like Wi-Fi , blue tooth, cellular data) when I don't need them I would say I have about 15-17% drain per day (almost idle phone).

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
No pictures visible...

Sorry...don't know what's wrong

Before
15clpog.png

After
2usx6co.png