Nexus 4 not Deep Sleeping (No Apparent Wakelocks? Android 4.3 update)

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
OK. I can see about 3% drop for 6Hrs. Gives us 12% per 24Hrs.
Very god result, but not 5% per day. :) Still very good.
BTW, wasn't able to post a screen shot from N4. Something's wrong with app?

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh, finally posted it.
This is mine battery consumption.
Cell standby eats good part of it when phone is very lightly used.
But I think this is still good optimization of battery use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1377784714426.jpg
    1377784714426.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 33

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, and you only have two bars reception. Keep in mind, low cell signal *kills* battery. How is your signal strength throughout the day?

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who helped out...

My Nexus 4 seems to have stabilized, I've been observing it for a couple of days and it seems to be entering the critical deep sleep phase with minimal battery loss.

To aid people who'll trawl this thread in the future, here are a couple of things that I think made the difference:

1. Using Deep Sleep Battery Saver, especially at night and when I'm not at home (i.e. not connected to WiFi)

2. I don't use data consistently, when I want to check something I manually turn on and off data

3. Though UCCW didn't show up as keeping my phone awake, after uninstalling it I saw an improvement, I'm not sure if it actually made a difference or if it's my mind playing tricks on me (shout out to one of the thread posts that pointed this out).

4. Avoid the Minimalistic Text widget altogether, it looks nice but it drinks down your battery.

5. Disable everything under Location Services, be warned though this will mess up your Google Now output as well as a bunch of other things.

Last but not least, even while using DSBS, switch off your WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC etc, manually when not in use.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out!

I forgot to mention, the improvement happened after the 1.8mb security update, I have no idea how much of a factor it is.

Last edited:

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine

Screenshot_2013-09-02-23-51-59.png

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Strange but I have not had to reboot mine since that little security update either, maybe coincidence but there never was an official change log.
After 2/3 days mine would forget how to sleep.

Jiia

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I had similar sympotms as OP mentioned but I have Android 4.2.2. The phone didn't sleep at all but no specific app had kept the phone awake. It was "Android OS" that was doing it so troubleshooting was difficult.

As recommended, I deleted UCCW and the wakelock disappeared. I didn't even have UCCW on my homescreen, but for some reason its background process was always running in the background.

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I had similar sympotms as OP mentioned but I have Android 4.2.2. The phone didn't sleep at all but no specific app had kept the phone awake. It was "Android OS" that was doing it so troubleshooting was difficult.

As recommended, I deleted UCCW and the wakelock disappeared. I didn't even have UCCW on my homescreen, but for some reason its background process was always running in the background.

I took the plunge and flashed a Custom ROM (Paranoid Android 3.99 RC2), now it shows UCCW in the battery stats as something that's draining. So it is a contributor...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper