Nexus 5: First Impressions & Reviews

haribofan

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: First look at Android 4.4 on Nexus 5

Got mine at carphone warehouse in the UK this morning and what a fantastic device ! Light , thin , narrow , lovely to hold and super fast ! Has anyone managed to get the black sticker off ygr back though ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

BobDaNob

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: First look at Android 4.4 on Nexus 5

" Oh look! a pulse notification light..where is it? Owell who cares..." smh lol
I kept thinking, 'Does it occur to you that maybe it's hidden on the bottom like Nexus 4?' lol Hell, all it takes is an off-center flashlight to spot it.

But still, pretty good review and I enjoyed it. =0)

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Using my new nexus5 right now

Here's couple of pics

Attachments

• 1383326254997.jpg
    1383326254997.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 1383326279926.jpg
    1383326279926.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 285

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Just curious...when did you get a notification from google that it was being shipped and when did you get it?

I live 10 miles away from google HQ. I shouldn't have to wait 2 days!!

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Just curious...when did you get a notification from google that it was being shipped and when did you get it?

I live 10 miles away from google HQ. I shouldn't have to wait 2 days!!

He more than likely picked it up at a store.

Posted via Android Central App

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com

Could you check to see if it allows trusted bluetooth devices? I'm not sure if that would be in the security settings or in bluetooth, but that was one thing that almost made me get the Moto X.

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

He more than likely picked it up at a store.

Posted via Android Central App

I did place an order with Google but a local store had them in stock this morning sim free (in UK).

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to start compiling a list in the main post of helpful reviews, write-ups, etc. in this thread. Anyone with a Nexus 5 is encouraged to post their thoughts! :)

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

I just went to a Carphone Warehouse store here in London and checked out the Nexus 5. They were sold out but had a demo unit I could check out. Build quality is top notch. It feels great in your hand. It's also surprisingly thin and light. I was impressed.

I tried scrolling around as much as possible, and could only get a tiny, tiny bit of lag/choppiness to pop up when using Chrome. I surfed to ESPN, The Verge, and a few other sites to see how it handled media heavy sites, and it did fine.

I can't comment on the camera, battery life, etc., but from an initial impression standpoint, it's a great phone. I'm SUPER tempted now to jump from my iPhone 5 to the N5. Well done LG & Google.