Nexus 5 Replacement 32Gb Black

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello i have a question, i want to replace my nexus 5 because the buttons rattling is annoying and i know their is a new and improved model out now. The question is if i place a replacement order for the black 32gb model will i get the old build or the new one?

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello i have a question, i want to replace my nexus 5 because the buttons rattling is annoying and i know their is a new and improved model out now. The question is if i place a replacement order for the black 32gb model will i get the old build or the new one?
. Its a hit or miss.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Since you are having problems that were addressed in the 'hardware update', it is most likely that you will receive the revised model.

Posted via Android Central App

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the old version and the buttons do not rattle. I wouldn't worry about what version they send you.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Should also be worth it to mention that the model numbers are not revision numbers. People are reporting that they have newer serial numbers but an older revision.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
First of all, you should never order an RMA just because there is a "new and improved" model out if you wouldn't have ordered one otherwise. If the rattling of the buttons are truly annoying, get an RMA. But if it suddenly started bothering you after you hard/read about this "new and improved" version, then keep your phone.

Second, there are no guarantees that you are going to get a new device with any of the hardware "updates." You may not get bigger speaker holes, or a more flush SIM tray, or whatever it is you are looking for.

Third, there are other variations on the devices. Some devices may have a yellowish screen from what I hear. Bottom line: if you think your RMA device will be identical to your current device except only for the changes/updates you want, you may (or may not) be in for a surprise.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance