Nexus 5: Warranty

Alex Karim

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I didn't use the search button before posting this thread so hate me if you have to. I'm having the stupid issue of poor cell reception for my nexus 5 and I can't get any help. I bought the phone new via Craigslist but since I don't have proof of purchase I cannot get any help. What can I do so I can replace my phone? I spoke with lg and Google but no luck

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Warranty

Per the warranty terms, the warranty is offered only to the original buyer. You could contact the original buyer and ask them to submit your warranty request for you (though they don't have to of course)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not much you can do. Just chalk it up as lesson learned. Some manufacturers chose not to honor warranty unless you are the original purchaser. If you have a carrier specific model and extended warranty then it may be covered under that. I know with my extended warranty from Verizon, it will cover the active phone at time of peril. You may have to provide proof of purchase but I never had to.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

What prepaid service are you using? Have you tried an alternative?

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys. I didn't use the search button before posting this thread so hate me if you have to. I'm having the stupid issue of poor cell reception for my nexus 5 and I can't get any help. I bought the phone new via Craigslist but since I don't have proof of purchase I cannot get any help. What can I do so I can replace my phone? I spoke with lg and Google but no luck

I've heard Google makes exceptions. Worth giving them a call. Also my quarter officially ends tomorrow so my free time will increase exponentially and I'll get on publishing videos for my tutorial this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly