Nexus 5 with Lollipop impressions

dcnblues

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
It's very subtle - it took me a few tries to notice it - look at the little arrow and you'll see it's either fully lit or half-lit.

Yup, got it now. Thanks. When it's in Battery saving mode, it's a good looking icon. When it's in High Accuracy (GPS), it goes to a flat white ugly geometric arrow - Ugly is ON.

dcnblues

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Crap, just noticed another problem. My headset doesn't work for phone calls anymore. It's just for phone calls (including Hangouts Dialer [using wifi]), the microphone works fine up until a call goes through. Pretty sure this is a Lollypop issue as never a problem before.

Jamie_tnt

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Since the update my phone is very sluggish, apps freeze, sometimes they take a few seconds to open. Anyone with an idea how to fix this?

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The experience across this thread is so varied. My Nexus 5 runs like a dream since the update. Maybe it all depends on which apps you have installed and whether they have been properly updated to run on Lollipop or whether new conflicts arise.

What would blow this hypothesis? Does anyone have a badly running Lollipop with ZERO thirp party apps. Anyone?

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I preferred kit Kat. But I'm hopeful that after a few patches things will be fine. Is anyone using messenger for sms instead of hangouts? I like messenger better, however my MMS doesn't work on it. I can send pictures fine but can't really receive them, it just says "downloading". It works fine in hangouts. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on straight talk

mmarcot

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I like 5.0 but the white menu background disturb me

at least its a great update, we just have to adapt to some things (unlock...)

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using messenger for sms instead of hangouts? I like messenger better, however my MMS doesn't work on it. I can send pictures fine but can't really receive them, it just says "downloading". It works fine in hangouts. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on straight talk

I've been tempted to try Messenger since I only use Hangouts for sms/mms. What does Messenger do better than Hangouts?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm using message app for SMS instead of hangouts and all my MMS (incoming/outgoing) are fine.

As for 5.0, overall I like it much better than KitKat just a little jittery at times, I'm sure future updates will stabilize everything. Some apps arent playing nice still, really hope the devs pick things up...I keep sending reports but no updates yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i use Nova Launcher Prime and have set these two Gestures up -

1. Swipe Down = Expand Notifications.
2. Double Tap = Play Store.

#1 is really nice because it allows you to pull down the new notifications shade without having to reach all the way to the top of the display!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been tempted to try Messenger since I only use Hangouts for sms/mms. What does Messenger do better than Hangouts?

Messenger just seems to run better. Its light and clean and looks uncluttered. I would switch, but I like the voice and text messages all being together in Hangouts.

Golden_Caviar

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I only use Hangouts for SMS and nothing else. All my contacts that are not on Viber and WhatsApp are on Fb Messenger, which is far better and more convenient.
I fail to understand how can I send an empty SMS like the donation DMSs. The 'send' button is not there when your SMS is blank, which is silly.

karimpas7

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I only use Hangouts for SMS and nothing else. All my contacts that are not on Viber and WhatsApp are on Fb Messenger, which is far better and more convenient.
I fail to understand how can I send an empty SMS like the donation DMSs. The 'send' button is not there when your SMS is blank, which is silly.
Just enter one space that will do the trick...
The greatest convenience of hangouts is everybody that uses android has a gmail and probably most of iOS users so you can send or make calls/video calls with a lot more contacts than F/b, WhatsApp , Viber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny