Nexus 6: Tips & Tricks

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
For all of us who are receiving their Nexus 6's what are you doing to your device that improves your experience that you think others may not know and/or will benefit from? Doesn't necessarily need to be hardware/device specific, may be lolipop in general, but what tips and tricks do you have to share?!?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded NoLED for my notifications since my screen protector interferes with the ambient display notifications

I also downloaded screen filter so that my screen could get a little darker while using the phone at night

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Here are a couple:

Go to settings, about phone and tap several times on Android Version for an easter egg.

Tap build number 5 times and you will get a developer menu. Go back once and open the developer menu and change the animations to. 5x and you will see a huge speed increase.

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Here are a couple:

Go to settings, about phone and tap several times on Android Version for an easter egg.

Tap build number 5 times and you will get a developer menu. Go back once and open the developer menu and change the animations to. 5x and you will see a huge speed increase.
I did this on my Nexus 4 with KitKat and it was great, did same on Nexus 6 with Lolipop and didn't notice much of a difference...

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Here is one that I have found really handy on such a large screen...lolipop keyboard is so nice on my Nexus 6 I have just stuck with lolipop keyboard. That along with PC layout makes it work really well for me. What is PC layout?

Google Keyboard > Appearance & Layouts > Custom Input Styles > English > PC and voila!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24