Nexus 6P constantly awake with screen off, non-rooted. What can I do?

makapav

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem with the phone staying awake all the time. Discovered that the Google Fit app was the culprit.

So my Nexus 6P has been bitten by the Google Fit bug. I really like what the app does so I want to keep it running. Were you able to fix the drain on your phone without disabling it?

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just started noticing excessive battery drain shortly before march update. Battery meter shows the phone as "awake" all the time. I don't recall adding any apps recently but there have been lots of app updates.

makapav

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Just started noticing excessive battery drain shortly before march update. Battery meter shows the phone as "awake" all the time. I don't recall adding any apps recently but there have been lots of app updates.

Google needs to get a better handle on this. My phone most 50% or power just sitting next to me on the table. Clearly Doze failed at curbing battery drain by monitoring sensor activity as well.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. I figured maybe I was using the phone differently some how, but that's not the case. All I know is that I'm squeezing every last bit of battery out now from morning to evening

Posted via the Android Central App

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Where I would normally have 15-20% battery I'm down to 3-4% and have to shut the phone off. Never been in that position since I got the phone Nov of last year. Very strange & frustrating. I'm hoping there is or will be an easier way to pin down problem apps. As it is, I continue to uninstall apps one or two at a time to see if I can find the problem.