Nexus 6P - March Security Update (Everything You Need To Know)

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Astute observation... Here we are, wondering why some of us are still waiting for an update...

A week later...

Thanks... Oh, and thanks correcting my typo when you quoted my post. Haha. I corrected the OP as well.

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I got the March update today and it still didn't fix my Bluetooth issues with texts in the car. I am not real happy right now. I would have thought Google would have fixed it by now

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the March update today and it still didn't fix my Bluetooth issues with texts in the car. I am not real happy right now. I would have thought Google would have fixed it by now

BT, in the wild, is a mess... There are a bunch of flavors and versions, all only partially compatible with each other. The automotive industry, in particular, is a hot mess. The technology in the cars is usually archaic, especially when compared to current gen phones.

It's one of the primary reasons for the push for things like Android Auto and Apple Auto... The tech guys frustrated that the car guys are out to lunch, so they are trying to wrestle back control of the interface.

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. This has me really POed. None of my previous android phones had an issue.

Bluetooth skips worse now somehow. I'm going to pair them again after I clear the cache and hope for the best.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
This should be fixed by now that is. I am wonder if the newer phones shipped with marshmallow have this issue.

Last edited:

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I got the update this afternoon. I'm in California. Anyone notice any thing else changed besides what's reported here?

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So I reset my phone and paired it up with my car. The bluetooth issues were fixed after that. I did notice it started skipping again when I tried to pair my watch while in the car. I'm going to wait a day before pairing my watch again and see if I experience any problems.

speedy1013

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Got mine a few hours ago.

Phone seems snappier, and it was already fast so it's like lightning now.

Only drawback is my Barclays banking app has stopped working. It just force closes when trying to launch. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter