Nexus 6P - March Security Update (Everything You Need To Know)

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought my 6P the 2nd week of March. It updated to January all by itself then "got stuck" I'm not alone and lots of people are in the same boat, so I sideloaded the OTAs for February and March.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 6P the 2nd week of March. It updated to January all by itself then "got stuck" I'm not alone and lots of people are in the same boat, so I sideloaded the OTAs for February and March.

Weird. I picked up a Fi 5X to get that discount... it did the same thing, got the Jan update as soon as I powered it on and didn't move off it in the day or so I let it sit there. I flashed the MHC19j image on it at that point. I wonder what was causing that Feb update to be so lazy for either phone.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on January patch (received my device about 2 weeks ago), and I although I have an update notification for February, I'm loathe to do it. My phone is working sooooo nicely I just can't bring myself to risk a degradation in performance. Lots of folks not happy with the March patch. So I'll hold off til I'm reasonably certain I can jump from Feb to March and straight to April in one fell swoop.

Nexus 6P

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter