Nexus 6P Presentation slides leak, no price leak though

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 6P Presentation Leak Includes More Images, Confirms Metal Body, Gorilla Glass 4, And 3450mAh Battery

Only thing I really care about is display quality and price now. AMOLED and 550 base price would be amazing.

Nice find! The back of the phone doesn't seem so bad from that face-down angle. This will be interesting, indeed. Although I did notice no mention of the processor speed in these slides. Convenient, or glaring omission?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice find! The back of the phone doesn't seem so bad from that face-down angle. This will be interesting, indeed. Although I did notice no mention of the processor speed in these slides. Convenient, or glaring omission?

It's there. The very first slide says tech specs... Snapdragon 810v 2.1.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I meant processor speed in GHz. The actual number, not the chip. I want to know how severely it gets throttled because of the 810, regardless if it's v2.1.

it's a very simply slide show, and the last one says it purposely didn't go into much detail so that the presenter can customize it to his/her audience

I wouldn't drive yourself nuts. we all know what the 810 is at this point. half those slides mentioned battery, which is what I thought was most important for you. don't let spec tests and benchmarks that you won't ever notice in the real world ruin your enthusiasm. the phone looks sick, and coming from an S3, I mean, cmon!!!

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
So I got the google docs version with the notes at the bottom, and it is indeed an AMOLED screen. Note 4 screen please?

NOW FOR PRICE. WAITING 3 DAYS FOR PRICE.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
And what carriers it will work on. I'm hoping VZW makes the cut.

I highly doubt they would make the 2 phones have different bands/frequencies. And since the 5x has verizon bands, I think the 6p will have it as well. Was seriously thinking of switching to TMobile...

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
it's a very simply slide show, and the last one says it purposely didn't go into much detail so that the presenter can customize it to his/her audience

I wouldn't drive yourself nuts. we all know what the 810 is at this point. half those slides mentioned battery, which is what I thought was most important for you. don't let spec tests and benchmarks that you won't ever notice in the real world ruin your enthusiasm. the phone looks sick, and coming from an S3, I mean, cmon!!!

Lol, I have to admit, I'm intrigued by it. I do like the look of the aluminum and graphite. It's between those two.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if the reason why the gold is initially available in Japan is because Google wants to offer it up with the SD 820 once it's released? Wishful thinking, perhaps.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt they would make the 2 phones have different bands/frequencies. And since the 5x has verizon bands, I think the 6p will have it as well. Was seriously thinking of switching to TMobile...

True but Hauwei has never been in the US officially.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Apparently FCC found show nexus 5x will work on all 4 carriers which makes sense since Fi requires GSM for tmo while sprint is CDMA as is Verizon.

If the nexus 5x is omni carrier than the 6p must be as well given its flag ship status.

Overall I think it's a decent phone and I'm thrilled that gorilla glass 4 is being used.

Now the question is is the ram ddr3 or 4.

If it's 4 then the 6p is truly a flagship but I still can't bring myself to get it for 3 Reasons.

1. Can't go back to a sub 6 inch screen.

2. I swore an oath to never buy another phablet with anything less than a 3500 mAh battery and if I break my word than I have no honor and life has no meaning.

3. Qualcomm has been teasing us with its s820 specs and features and I just can't bring myself to get a phone without quick charge 3.0.

Plus the nexus 6 is still a truly fantabulous phone and it is guaranteed to get nougat and since it was a flagship probably oreo as well.

I was raised to own the crap out of things to squeeze every last stop of utility from something so that I can justify getting the latest and greatest when the time finally comes and my phone falls apart in my hands and I can luxuriate in the magnificent tech progress that 3 or 4 or even 5 years can bring.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Apparently FCC found show nexus 5x will work on all 4 carriers which makes sense since Fi requires GSM for tmo while sprint is CDMA as is Verizon.

If the nexus 5x is omni carrier than the 6p must be as well given its flag ship status.

Overall I think it's a decent phone and I'm thrilled that gorilla glass 4 is being used.

If it's 4 then the 6p is truly a flagship but I still can't bring myself to get it for 3 Reasons.

2. I swore an oath to never buy another phablet with anything less than a 3500 mAh battery and if I break my word than I have no honor and life has no meaning.

3. Qualcomm has been teasing us with its s820 specs and features and I just can't bring myself to get a phone without quick charge 3.0.

Plus the nexus 6 is still a truly fantabulous phone and it is guaranteed to get nougat and since it was a flagship probably oreo as well.

I was raised to own the crap out of things to squeeze every last stop of utility from something so that I can justify getting the latest and greatest when the time finally comes and my phone falls apart in my hands and I can luxuriate in the magnificent tech progress that 3 or 4 or even 5 years can bring.

I give you a week before you get it if it's good.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

So basically... you're never going to buy a new phone?

The newer components will always be rumoured as the best of the current year is about to be released

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
830 SOC rumours leak out by the time the first phone with an 820 releases, guaranteed. Rumoured to make the 820 look like a ancient obselete antique by comparison, guaranteed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582