Nexus 7 2013 unresponsive touch screen, any ideas?

A

AC Question

Nexus 7 2013 unresponsive touch screen

My Nexus has worked perfectly for the past couple of years, but then the touch screen became periodically unresponsive.

Tried a soft reset, then a hard reset, no luck.

Opened it up, and removed and re-inserted the touch cable, the one running across the battery, and then all was OK!

That worked for a while as a fix, having to do it repeatedly.

Then I tried placing some cardboard on the rubber bumpers, which press the sockets for the touch screen down - no luck.

Thought I had found the problem, when I pressed the bottom socket for the digitiser on the board, and it worked again.

Now nothing works. Tried flipping the silver cable around, no luck.

Tried pressing, wriggling, everything, but no luck.

I am now stuck with an N7 perfect screen, but completely unresponsive to touch, so virtually useless.

Any ideas? New board, cable, anything at all?

Many Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 2013 unresponsive touch screen

I have heard of this problem, or something like it. There are purported fixes on YouTube. I suppose you've checked those?

Posted via the Android Central App

Petros DIMITRIOU

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 2013 unresponsive touch screen

After I changed the battery on mine, I got the 7 not to rotate its screen.
Searched a little bit, and identified the culprit as the 3 gyrosensors not beeing recognized by the device.
The reason was the left flat cable in the back, was not properly inserted in its connectors.
I reopend the device, completely removed the flat cable, reinstalled it and the rotating screen returned. However, from that point onwards, my screen is completely dead, unresponsive to any input. Again, I reopened the back, checked ALL cables and cable ends, everything seems to be sitting firmly where it should, but the device remains unresponsive to touch input.

Any ideas anyone, what else to look for, or even change to get my 7 back to life?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aarone