Nexus 7 2013 won't connect to windows or acknowledge it is connected to a computer at all

Void2258

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
My Nexus 7 2013 will not connect. Windows sees nothing whatsoever. On the tablet, it charges but as if it were connected to an outlet; there is no mode-selection in the notifications for me to change to file mode or any other acknowledgment anywhere that I can find that it is hooked up to a PC. Tried multiple cables and ports on the PC.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like either a bad cable or one (or both) of the data pins on the connector in the tablet is/are disconnected. (If that's the case - if a new cab;e doesn't fix it - the connector has to be removed, the board cleaned and the connector has to be resoldered. It's a job for a repair shop.)

Void2258

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
Interesting developments. First I tried all the ports and all my cables again in all the ports and got nothing. Then I disconnected my Nexus 2 and got something (on both ends, and it let me choose file transfer mode), but it was a bad device in the manager with "Device Descriptor Request Failed". I tried updating the drivers using the set from the ASUS website, but windows absolutely insisted that the drivers it had chosen were correct and would not allow them to be changed. Then I uninstalled the device so I could try to install it fresh with those ASUS drivers and now it won't redetect the device and it's back to showing nothing on both the PC and tablet.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're open to alternate solutions you could try one of the many apps that allows you to share files between your tablet and your computer via WiFi. If you'd like some recommendations let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174