[Closed] Nexus 7-a-day giveaway - Dec. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Daniell

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The last Android device I purchased was a Nexus 4 which STILL hasn't shown up but before that it was the Galaxy Note 2. I love this device! A gave my tablet and my Galaxy Note 1 away as Christmas gift and now the Note 2 is filling my need for both a tablet and a phone!

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The latest Android device I've purchased was the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Its sorta an early Christmas present to myself & by far is the fastest, smoothest and loudest phone I've had to date. 2GB of Ram, Quad Core & Jellybean = Win.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Purchased 2 galaxy nexii this fall for the wife and me. (They are lightyears better than our droid 2 and droid 3)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

KCC123

May 6, 2012
Visit site
It was an 8-inch tablet made by Hyundai. No, not that Hyundai, the Chinese Hyundai. Yes, there's a Chinese Hyundai.

For anyone thinking of going the cheapo route with one of these Chinese tablets, take my advice: don't do it. This one ticked all the boxes: capacitive touchscreen, 8GB storage, Play Store, etc but beware those things outside hardware specs: there will never be any custom ROM available. Mine used the cramfs file system (the what?) so it was read-only. You couldn't root or cook up your own ROM. The camera was abysmal. It needed a custom build of Adobe Flash, which could never be updated. It comes preloaded with *ahem* free versions of popular games sitting in the directory as apks. Bloatware is all in Chinese, and gives you access to Chinese television through shady re-broadcasters. And the lag...oh, the lag.

Long story short: get the Nexus 7. Affordable, solidly built, maintained by Google, pure Android, plenty of community support, plenty of takers when you want to sell it to buy the next Nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord