Nexus 7 docking station

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Was hopping for it to be like a laptop dock, at least as far as the usb port on it being for data also. But them I thought, 4 pins equals a +voltage, Left audio, Right audio and a common ground....

Oh well, there's always rooting and bluetooth...

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Either way, it appears that we will know in less than a month. the fact that the official dock is 40 bux makes it easier to wait, but I would expect some knockoffs to appear quickly once the official dock can be "copied".

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't pay $40 for this either! If it had a way to use HDMI with the N7, then I would definitely go for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I don't think nexus 7 can do HDMI at least not through the pogo connectors.

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
At $40 it definitely strains my willingness to part with cash. However, for my av receiver I would love to be able to just drop the N7 in and have work. No plugging in the audio cable or microusb. So I might just get one for the convenience of it.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Just remember that all the micro USB port does is charge. You would still have to plug in a cable for data...

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Just remember that all the micro USB port does is charge. You would still have to plug in a cable for data...

now THAT'S confusing, mathelm....which microUSB did you have in mind that only charges ???

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
LOL -- kinda figured....

I still don't know if you can use the normal microUSB port on the bottom of the N7 for anything at all while docked...nobody seems to know for sure.
Apparently it does turn off the signal-out from the headphone plug.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Google I love ya but you need to get your act together, your taking way to long with getting accessories out.

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I still don't think I will pull the trigger on this dock, $40 is pretty steep especially since it just looks plain LOL

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly, just had an email from Asus UK, inviting me to shop there for N7 accessories. The mailing has a picture of the rubber travel cases, and a dock!! Of course, there's no dock actually on sale on the site, but still, if this is vaporware, they're going to some lengths with it.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
They're pushing the release again! I'm getting to the point where I don't want to buy it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia