Nexus 7 Wall Dock/Launchport style

tublecane

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm dabbling in doing some custom home automation installs. Launchport with Ipods and Ipod mini's seem to have the market cornered. I have yet to see anythign similar for the Nexus 7 or any android tablet or phone. For those who might not be familair go to their site and check out the residential products, WallStation. Houses that have control4 or another automation to do lights, security, home audio/video distribution almost entirely use these with Ipads. I can do similar automation on any android phone or tablet, but so far I've seen no solution for a way to integrate the tablet onto your wall above your lightswitches like where a Launchport would go. I can assume that using some sort of generic tablet wall mount and then some kind of Qi wireless charger you could make something custom, but I don't want to be the one experimenting to do this. Has anyone seen or done something like that? If there was a good solution I'd love it. The Tylt would work pretty close to the Launchport Basestation but I want the WallStation equivelant. Otherwise I may be stuck getting Ipads which so far I've luckily avoided, but if there is no good wall installation solution I may not have a choice.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Another example of one of the downsides to Android: diverse devices = lack of tight standard to design universal accessories. Android as an OS has the majority of the market, but when you're talking accessories, there's no single Android device or design standard that holds anywhere near the market share as Apple. Most likely you're going to be stuck trying to find the right combo of universal items that you can piecemeal together. At least the Qi standard seems to be pretty widespread for wireless chargers now, so that helps.

supermightyj

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
For those of you in to home automation you should take a look at www flow7 co uk. It's a Nexus7 FHD in a solid aluminium frame with a Smartlauncher customised to Custom Installation products and wakelock built-in. It also has a PoE charging system, so a single CAT cable keeps it charged and running.

Flow7-Landscape-with-SmartLauncher_sm.jpg

lew123

Jun 23, 2019
Visit site
For those of you in to home automation you should take a look at www flow7 co uk. It's a Nexus7 FHD in a solid aluminium frame with a Smartlauncher customised to Custom Installation products and wakelock built-in. It also has a PoE charging system, so a single CAT cable keeps it charged and running.

View attachment 187150

Hi supermightyj,

Is this Nexus7 FHD in a solid aluminium frame still available?
Many thanks!
Lew