Nexus One entering retirement home. Anyone else?

snofrandy

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Retired my Nexus One for Nexus S, but too unstable. Restarts often. Sold the Nexus S for the G2X. Not as stable as Nexus One, but way better than Nexus S.

uchuujin

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I see no reason to retire my N1, for most of the reasons a lot of other people have already given:

New phones aren't appreciably better
locked bootloaders galore
customized builds with crapware that isn't any better than stock
stupid 2 year contracts (I'm finally free from a contract. Why would I enter another one?!?)
Google updates the N1 faster than just about any other phone (except the NS)
I've only had the thing for 1 year
+No trackballs anywhere else

tagon

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Still using mine. I don't like the Nexus S and I don't want a non Nexus phone so I am holding out for whatever the Nexus 3 may be

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Still using mine. I don't like the Nexus S and I don't want a non Nexus phone so I am holding out for whatever the Nexus 3 may be

yepp...i still have my n1 for that same reason..

if i'm going to be spending any kind of money on a new phone it better be a helluva lot better than my n1

nothing that has been coming out is that much better than the n1 imo

nexus one does everything i want

next phone im getting will be the nexus 3 hopefully...if they don't screw it up

-stock ice cream sandwich
-tegra 3
-4 ish inch screen

that's all i really ask
if the galaxy s2 was stock android and i mean pure stock android as in the first to get updates
i'd already be on it

nexus s really shouldve been the galaxy s2 with stock android...

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
yepp...i still have my n1 for that same reason..

if i'm going to be spending any kind of money on a new phone it better be a helluva lot better than my n1

nothing that has been coming out is that much better than the n1 imo

nexus one does everything i want

next phone im getting will be the nexus 3 hopefully...if they don't screw it up

-stock ice cream sandwich
-tegra 3
-4 ish inch screen

that's all i really ask
if the galaxy s2 was stock android and i mean pure stock android as in the first to get updates
i'd already be on it

nexus s really shouldve been the galaxy s2 with stock android...

i wonder if the tmobile version of the galaxy s2 would be stock android, lately all their android devices come like stock.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I had too many issues with the touchscreen on the Nexus S, but I couldn't be happier with the Nexus S in comparison. The screen is beautiful, the camera is better, and the battery life is very impressive. Not worrying about internal storage is a huge plus, as well. I'm awaiting the Sensation reviews to see what battery life is going to be like for a heavy user, but the Galaxy S II is definitely landing in my pocket if and when it lands for ATT or T-Mo.

bighead21

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just sold my beloved Nexus One on eBay... Already picked up a Thunderbolt and switched back to Verizon... Their service is just too good in the DC area compared to T-Mobile.. Plus LTE rocks.. how can you go wrong with 20MBps down? I'm getting used to the larger screen and I'm starting to prefer it over the N1's.

I was offered a G2X when I cancelled my Even More Plus plan, too little, too late. Patiently waiting for CM7 to come out of Alpha for now.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I love my N1, but the hardware issues are getting to me. My first one, new from Google, started locking up and the touchscreen would randomly stop working. Got it exchanged w/ HTC and now the power button on this one is starting to flake out. It either won't respond to presses or will double tap causing the screen to turn off/on/off or on/off/on. For the money I paid for this phone I was expecting top grade hardware that would last two maybe even three years like my older Motorola's. Sigh, this don't seem to be the case.

Updated, Called HTC w/ the power button issue and the warranty expired two weeks ago. Ugggg... From what I have read the power button issue is so common that people have sent there's in two and three times to get em repaired. Now I'm going to try and fight them to get it fixed under warranty since I paid full price for the phone and it has already been replaced once for hardware issues 6 months ago.

Last edited:

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I have to say about the nexus one is the lack of " commercialization ". Surprisingly a lot of people don't even know what is a nexus one. Wtf!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tacjim

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Gave up my N1 for a Sensation...sold the N1 for $200 bought the Sensation for $150 at walmart with an upgrade. Honestly, I really like Scenes 3.0....I was so used to vanilla Android.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Llop719