NFC. Is it working and what app can you use.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Do they even still make BlockBusters? I haven't seen one in a good three years and the Hollywood Video by me closed up last summer.

Nice Lingenfelter reference by the way.

Yea. I still see them all over here. There's on by my house none by the ladies house. And a few here and there scattered.

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I keep scanning all these cards and nothing happens. So yeah, something's wrong.

I went back, and I can kinda see what you're saying about it not working.
Try these.
Make sure NFC is on under Wireless and Networks.
Make sure your card has an NFC chip in it.
When trying to read tags, place the area right under your phone speaker over the NFC chip.
Don't wiggle the phone. Don't slide the phone. Just place it on there for a few seconds.

My mistake was moving the phone around. Once I stopped doing that, it reads my card everytime.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I went back, and I can kinda see what you're saying about it not working.
Try these.
Make sure NFC is on under Wireless and Networks.
Make sure your card has an NFC chip in it.
When trying to read tags, place the area right under your phone speaker over the NFC chip.
Don't wiggle the phone. Don't slide the phone. Just place it on there for a few seconds.

My mistake was moving the phone around. Once I stopped doing that, it reads my card everytime.

I believe chud is just joking here...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm scanning my dogs now. Haven't found their chips yet.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.

L O L! Wait! Are those really RFID? I'm about to go scan my dog. Let me know if something comes up. Like a name and address. That would be cool. I'm sure they just put contact info on it. Right? I don't know how that stuff works. It should technically come up then, right?

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
All I know is that both my dogs have "chips" in them. I've seen the Vet scan Otis & Vinny with success, so I would think I would be able to scan them also. I just have to figure out where the chip is inserted.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
All I know is that both my dogs have "chips" in them. I've seen the Vet scan Otis & Vinny with success, so I would think I would be able to scan them also. I just have to figure out where the chip is inserted.

I'm not home right so I can't test my dog to see if I can get it. (You spoke of your pets as if I knew them, lol).

You checked between the shoulders behind the next? I think that's where they typically put them.

I'll have to wait for my dog to calm down and go to bed before I check. When I get home she likes to run around and gets too excited. Doesn't like to sit still. Not even a year old yet.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just read something about the chips. Said they aren't powered. And the scanner sends them an electrical signal to give them quick power to send information. Maybe that's what's getting messed up here with the dogs. Lol

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not like the RFID stickers are powered.

None of my current dogs have a chip or else I'd be trying this like a jackass.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not like the RFID stickers are powered.

None of my current dogs have a chip or else I'd be trying this like a jackass.

Figured. But aren't the chips larger. Use more power? I'm not sure how all this works. I'm gonna look into it more in a technical stand point when I get a chance.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The scanners they use probably output more power to the chip than our phones emit. Would be awesome if it would work. Not that you'd get any information but numbers. Should use a lower energy needing chip that just give you contact info read from it. Instead of a number linked to a database that records the contact off the is number. Would be useful if you four a dog and could scan for contact with your phone. Cut out the middle men.

dizzwave

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
You know those Google Places things in restaurant windows? With the big red Google-Maps-looking "flag" thingie with the black dot in the middle? Those have chips in 'em. Hold your Nexus S up to one of 'em. Make sure NFC is enabled, and make sure your screen is on. (Doesn't work when the screen's off.)
It's magical. Opens up the Google Places page for that restaurant in your browser, so you can read the reviews before actually walking into the restaurant. :D Yay, technology!

jedicide

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
NFC seems to work for me. I get an instant response after I scan my Paypal security card. Took me several minutes to figure out why the hell my phone was beeping when I had it close to my wallet! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny