NFL coming to Verizon

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't post a link yet as I'm a new user but this is pretty cool for VZW.

The National Football League (NFL) has joined forces with Verizon Wireless, the owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, to provide fans with the deepest NFL experience on their mobile phones, it was announced today. The new four-year agreement for NFL Mobile kicks off next month with coverage of the 2010 NFL Draft to be held from April 22-24 and continues with the NFL's regular season.

Verizon Wireless, which also becomes the NFL's official wireless service sponsor, will provide fans with unprecedented access to America's favorite sport regardless of whether they are in the stands, at home, or on the go.

Among the programming that will be available for the first time during the regular season will be the wildly popular NFL RedZone channel from the NFL Network, which airs live look-ins of every key play and touchdown from Sunday afternoon games. Fans also will be able to watch live streaming of NBC's Sunday Night Football and NFL Network's Thursday Night Football. In addition, fans will receive the NFL Network channel, which airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis, and is the only network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
This was the only thing that made me wish I had a sprint phone (had one for many years and the service was terrible in my area). Now I have a Droid, Verizon, and the NFL. I'll soon be able to watch NFL games on my phone! Life is great! :)

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
What I need to find out is if you'll need a specific phone to watch the NFL games over Verizon, and which phones will do it. I have a Pearl (8130). I need to know if I need to change phones to get the NFL content.

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Verizon users get ready to pay a premium for this service. Because as is the case with everything else Verizon does you'll get charged! I am on sprint but I never watched it so I really don't care if they switched to VZW or not.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Awesome that Verizon got it. I wish AT&T would get on the ball and get it.

Yes, Sprint included it in their everything plan, but Verizon will most likely charge as does AT&T for these premium services.

I actually watched it on my Sprint Pre a couple of times. I was in traffic heading to watch a game at the bar. It came in handy as it was stand still traffic for about 20 minutes.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Awesome that Verizon got it. I wish AT&T would get on the ball and get it.

Yes, Sprint included it in their everything plan, but Verizon will most likely charge as does AT&T for these premium services.

I actually watched it on my Sprint Pre a couple of times. I was in traffic heading to watch a game at the bar. It came in handy as it was stand still traffic for about 20 minutes.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Well, Verizon rolled it out today, problem is, when you load it, it says you have to be a Verizon user to use this app. Comments in the market suggest that its not everyone that its effecting but a good number. Some reported as being rooted having the problem, but even non root users are experiencing. Verizon better fix this before the draft or there will be hell to pay.

bduschel

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine works very well. Enjoyed watching NFL Football Follies on NFL Network. Will be great for Thursday night games when I cant be home!! A definate battery drainer!!

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
TueApr13183114AmericaPhoenix2010.jpg

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Just as I was uploading and posting this, I received a notification saying that there was an update available for the app...and what do ya know, it fixed it. But above is proof that something was definitely wrong. Good thing they didn't wait until the day before the draft.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp