No email on cellphone

AN_Fan

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
I have had an LG Stylo 3 with Android 7.0 for a few years. Recently I lost email; when I try to sign in I get the message: "Wrong sign in info; Try again". AT&T is my provider and internet access is not affected, just email. Can anyone offer advice on what could cause this problem and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

I am using Yahoo Mail.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which email provider? If you're using the stock Email client, you probably have to start using an app password for more security (which is different from the password you created for that email account) -- see this as an example for Yahoo: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html

You can search on your own for "[your email provider] app password" to see if that's the case for you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My questions to you was which email provider you're using, so that we can determine if you need to use an app password, not the password you created. Can you answer that?

AN_Fan

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
I use AT&T Yahoo Mail. It works fine on my PC but not on my cellphone. I followed the link you sent but couldn't find the Generate App Password on the security page.

Last edited: