No Facebook Notification Sound File?

hesketh7085

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Marshmallow and have installed the Facebook app. I've figured out how to turn notification sounds on but I don't have any Facebook related notification sound files to choose from - only the generic Samsung tones.

I can't seem to find an answer as to why online, but I'm trying to fix the issue rather than just source and download the correct tone because:

A.) I don't know what the right tone is at the moment
B.) The few tones I have downloaded don't have the correct volume and are much quieter than my other notifications.

Any advice?

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't come with any preloaded notification sounds. Only the Messenger app does.

hesketh7085

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
How strange. I think I must just be imagining things because my old Windows phone came with various notification sounds for Facebook and Whatsapp (Official ones); but these weren't the same apps as are available on Android; they were lesser in functionality and performance but presumably came pre-loaded with official notification sounds, unlike the android versions.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can't speak for the Windows Pone versions, but from a few months ago (actually, nearly a year) since Facebook split the messaging capabilities into the Messenger app and removed it from the Facebook app (for a while they co-existed), the only dedicated notifications are found in Messenger. I can't recall any Whatsapp-specific notifications, though. I have it, but since it's one of the very first apps I install, I can't really recall if any of the notification sounds I have come from it or not; nothing that says 'Whatsapp' anyway.

hesketh7085

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah my Messenger app still has dedicated Messenger notifications, and the 2 apps were split on my Windows phone, but Facebook notifications such as comments on pictures etc also had a tone, and the android phone doesn't seem to have them :(

I've downloaded one off YouTube but the volume is much lower than my other notification sounds :(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the opposite problem with most sound files downloaded from Zedge; they're usually too loud!

Also, I just checked and I do have a 'Facebook Pop' notification sound, and I think that's the same in-app sound when making a comment or liking something.

hesketh7085

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Facebook Pop is the old 'new chat message received' tone before Facebook Messenger; it's not the same as receiving a notification on the website unfortunately :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781