No Flash at launch!

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
you say this may have swayed your decision, how about all the poor apple freaks who have no flash :p

I have to admit I spoke in haste, with everything else that's been going on with this product launch it was like..... Great now something else gone wrong. 10.1 should still work from the market, I can wait for 10.2.

I am actually on my son's iPad typing this while he is away at camp. We lost power this morning so I have to use this and the mobile hotspot on my DX.

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know... me to! but in time! we know that this will blow any other tablet out of the water! and Yes i agree MOTO jumped the gun and pushed this out the door a little quick!

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I know... me to! but in time! we know that this will blow any other tablet out of the water! and Yes i agree MOTO jumped the gun and pushed this out the door a little quick!

In time? Say in 3 month when 3 other honeycomb tabs are on the market for $200 less. So as a first adopter you pay a premium to get a product that isn't even done?

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
because the ad says it doesn't support FLASH or it says COMING SPRING '11.

I guess you have no use for it and no reason to b!tch about it

Well if you have no use for Flash, then you and I are a differant type of user.

I am glad this product is what you need and at a price you think is fair. I don't feel the same, but please share your experience with it. In the end all of us benefit from the early adopters, users like you and users like me!

enjoy!

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
In time? Say in 3 month when 3 other honeycomb tabs are on the market for $200 less. So as a first adopter you pay a premium to get a product that isn't even done?

there is only a statement saying spring '11 we dont really know if 10.1 is loaded we think it is based on the videos we see from motorola.

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Well if you have no use for Flash, then you and I are a differant type of user.

I am glad this product is what you need and at a price you think is fair. I don't feel the same, but please share your experience with it. In the end all of us benefit from the early adopters, users like you and users like me!

enjoy!
I use flash daily however I can live with out it for a short time.

I will greatly share my experience with anyone who don't feel the need to buy or cant afford to spend the 800 on a tablet.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I use flash daily however I can live with out it for a short time.

I will greatly share my experience with anyone who don't feel the need to buy or cant afford to spend the 800 on a tablet.
I am a strong proponent of voting with my wallet. I have no problem throwing down a fair price on worthy product. How people react to the price point of this possibly incomplete Xoom will determine the price point of the following tablets. For me it is about spending my money smart, not just do I have the money to spend.

I can live without a Honeycomb tablet for probably a little longer then you can live without flash.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
why is it messed up? apple still doesn't support flash and they survive.

Dont you have another device to get you by if flash is life or death?
No having flash isn't life or death, having the Xoom isn't life or death. One of the reasons I don't have an iPod is lack of flash. One of the reasons many of us anddroid supporters rail on Apple is because they don't support flash.

It is funny that we mock the apple-fanboys for their defense of issues like no flash yet I am getting the feeling those points will be ignored for awhile.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
People are really overreacting to this. It's just like the $1199 pre-order price story. The Engadget story is comical - they didn't even attempt to contact Motorola or VZW for clarification. There's no way the device doesn't support Flash 10.1 at least out of the box. It works on the Nook w/Honeycomb and Tegra-based phones, doesn't it? Moto advertised Flash with no caveats or footnotes - they'd be open to legal action if it weren't true.

This is a classic Engadget attempt to drive clicks and comments. I know what the VZW ad says, but at least attempt to get some clarification before running with it. That's Engadget for you though.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The only place it says anything about flash coming spring 2011 is the fine print on VZW's website. Best Buy's Site, Dell's Site, and Motorola's own site all say it comes with Flash 10.1 and there's no fine print or stipulations about when it will be working....leads me to believe Verizon's website has some misinformation.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
People are really overreacting to this. It's just like the $1199 pre-order price story. The Engadget story is comical - they didn't even attempt to contact Motorola or VZW for clarification. There's no way the device doesn't support Flash 10.1 at least out of the box. It works on the Nook w/Honeycomb and Tegra-based phones, doesn't it? Moto advertised Flash with no caveats or footnotes - they'd be open to legal action if it weren't true.

This is a classic Engadget attempt to drive clicks and comments. I know what the VZW ad says, but at least attempt to get some clarification before running with it. That's Engadget for you though.

I will say this again. If it supprts flash than that is what it should do.

But if it doesn't people have a legitimate gripe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753