No Marshmallow update for Zenpad S

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got this tablet and was surprised that it would have shipped with 5.0. How can Asus not update it to at least 6.0. I hope there is some news coming soon about the updates

Posted via the Android Central App

KvamEgil

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
This is a Big, BIG disapointment.... ASUS ZenPAD S is a great pad... Why not Marshmallow....?? This requires an explanation..........:(

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Granted, past doesn't represent future as Motorola cut off devices it normally would of supported at least 2 years in the past. However, back in 2015 about this time I bought the 7inch Zenpad that came out quietly. It looked, sounded, and was the right size. It came with KitKat. I was suprised to find that it upgraded to 5.0 just the same. Personally think some of the manufacturers are stuck on lollipop because of marshmallow permissions changes and Droze killing off their processes they want running. It did get upgraded to what was the version at the time. Also 10 inch tablets that others I know have gotten and I got years ago were updated nicely. So I guess without official word can take that as it goes.

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the first positive I've seen on the update front. This is a really nice tablet, it would be really nice to have it running a version of Android 6.X.