No Mate 9 6GB model?

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
When I purchase a phone, I usually buy close to the best model possible.

With the new Mate 9, I was looking forward to the 6GB RAM model. Is this model not coming to the US?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I emailed Huawei about the Porsche Design Mate 9, and here is a copy/paste of what they told me...
Hello, Julie. Thank you for contacting Huawei Device USA and thank you for your interest in our Mate 9. Unfortunately, we have not yet received a definite answer on when it will be released in the US or which designs we will be selling. We are thinking end of this year or beginning of 2017. Most of our devices run on GSM Networks and Verizon is a CDMA Network. It is possible the Mate 9 will support both GSM and CDMA but we just do not have information to back it up yet. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards
Michelle M

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I emailed Huawei about the Porsche Design Mate 9, and here is a copy/paste of what they told me...
Hello, Julie. Thank you for contacting Huawei Device USA and thank you for your interest in our Mate 9. Unfortunately, we have not yet received a definite answer on when it will be released in the US or which designs we will be selling. We are thinking end of this year or beginning of 2017. Most of our devices run on GSM Networks and Verizon is a CDMA Network. It is possible the Mate 9 will support both GSM and CDMA but we just do not have information to back it up yet. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards
Michelle M

Thanks for the reply.

I actually purchased the current Mate 9 from Best Buy today. After looking at the specs, and yes, I would love to have the 6GB of RAM, the 4GB is perfect because of the 5.9 display. I didnt realize the 6GB model was 5.5".

I have it all set up and being used. So far, great phone.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I actually purchased the current Mate 9 from Best Buy today. After looking at the specs, and yes, I would love to have the 6GB of RAM, the 4GB is perfect because of the 5.9 display. I didnt realize the 6GB model was 5.5".

I have it all set up and being used. So far, great phone.

What is the screen resolution? What carrier are you on? (I'm Verizon...)

<edit> Never mind... no CDMA for me!!! just looked at Best Buy... deep sigh...

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Remember the movie, "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson?

I feel like I'm writing a similar novel... you know, the novel you write just before you start chasing loved ones around with an axe and such...

"All CDMA and no GSM make Julie a very dull girl..."

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
other than being stuck in CDMA purgatory with Verizon, the (relatively) low screen resolution of 1920x1080 would make me wait (hope) for the Porsche Design Mate 9, which although smaller also has a higher screen resolution of 2560x1440, like my Note 7. I'm older, and the higher resolution really makes a big difference for me, both in readability and eye fatigue...

TeknoBlast, how is the screen? Watching videos, etc.?

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
other than being stuck in CDMA purgatory with Verizon, the (relatively) low screen resolution of 1920x1080 would make me wait (hope) for the Porsche Design Mate 9, which although smaller also has a higher screen resolution of 2560x1440, like my Note 7. I'm older, and the higher resolution really makes a big difference for me, both in readability and eye fatigue...

TeknoBlast, how is the screen? Watching videos, etc.?

The screen and resolution looks great, even at 1080p. I came from a Note 5, so not sure what the resolution is on that, but so far, the Mate 9 looks amazing.

Like I mentioned, I did want the 6GB model, not because of the display, but more for the RAM size. However, the trade off with the RAM size is that the 6GB display is smaller compared to the 4GB model.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Teknoblast; just gotta ask... that bad boy have FM radio? Easiest way to tell is try to install NextRadio or something similar... just curious. Thanks for checking.