No more premier program at sprint

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think it's funny that everyone is upset at all these changes, even though it simply puts Sprint more on par with the other providers. Sprint is a company that is in 3rd place, and showing no signs of being able to compete with ATT and Verizon. Sprint has to find ways to be competitive. Landing the iPhone and possibly iPad will be good for Sprint. Combined with the unlimited data, that could potentially bring in new customers.

New customers means more money, which means more money to build out their network. In my opinion, Sprint needs to take this money, and add to their network structure. By keeping the unlimited data, they can draw new subscribers, but need to continue to work on providing the network capacity to support them. The worst thing they can do is repeat what happened to ATT and add tons of new customers, but provide them with questionable service.

Paying for this means that cuts have to be made somewhere else. I have been a Sprint customer for over 11 years, and I can honestly say that none of these changes will impact the service that I receive from Sprint. Yeah, getting an upgrade every 12 months is nice, but only if I want a new phone. The other "perks," in my opinion, were useless. I don't need someone to review my plan. I don't need a discount on accessories that I can buy hundreds of different places. I think the premier plan was overhyped from the beginning, and never really amounted to much of anything.

I would guess that there are a very, very small number of people who will say they switched to or stayed with Sprint because of this program.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't anyone lose fact that Sprint is a Business that has NOT been profitable for years! Can anyone tell me what happens to a business that can't make a profit? So stop your *****ing and whinning! LOL.

They are moving in line with their competition, and still have plan pricing perks better than the competetion.

Apples to Apples, still the best value in wireless.

This is really going to go one of two ways: They begin to make a profit and can stay in business OR they are acquired by another carrier.

It really is that simple.

I'm going to continue to pay less than Verizon & AT&T monthly, until that day comes when there are no benefits left, or I'm simply acquired by another carrier by Sprint defaulting.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they are trying to stay competitive, but don't sit here and make excuses to justify Sprints new changes. And where does it stop? Unlimited roaming gone now to which I gave them the ultimatum of letting me out my contract with no ETF. Unlimited data stripped away next? And you'll say "it's to remain competitive?" Sprint has to be careful to not alienate their current customers. A lot of people are getting sick of changes for lesser service.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
yeah, we all knew it was going to go away sooner or later. the sprint differentiators are getting less and less. as of right now, it doesn't really impact me that much, although i am currently a gold premier member. it does sucks, but not really that bad considering since i don't swap out every year anyway. it's nice because it provided a bit of flexibility when the itch arises.

i understand sprint wants to stay competitive and be profitable so it can stay afloat. i don't want them to go under either, as it does keep the other carriers in check somewhat. still, similarly, i want what is best for my pocketbook, too, so if sprint doesn't have more to offer than other carriers then i definitely will consider others as they all pretty much carry similar devices.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It's not difficult to keep a handset. Just because a device reaches it's end of life with a carrier, doesn't mean that it won't work. Devices continue to work, but we as consumers want the newest and greatest thing out there. I know people who have had the same phone for years. I know people still using Treos and people using Pre's and Razr's. Manufacturers make new devices so you will buy new devices.

That's the funny part. When people want to upgrade their phone, they want the carrier to subsidize the cost, and carriers are happy to do so, with the promise of continued service (contract). If you don't want to guarantee the carrier that they will continue to receive your business, then upgrade and pay full price. If you wanted a new car, would you walk into the dealership and tell them you have had a Ford for 12 months, and now you want a new Ford, but at a fraction of the sticker? Why are cell phones any different?

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't anyone lose fact that Sprint is a Business that has NOT been profitable for years! Can anyone tell me what happens to a business that can't make a profit? So stop your *****ing and whinning! LOL.

They are moving in line with their competition, and still have plan pricing perks better than the competetion.

Apples to Apples, still the best value in wireless.

This is really going to go one of two ways: They begin to make a profit and can stay in business OR they are acquired by another carrier.

It really is that simple.

I'm going to continue to pay less than Verizon & AT&T monthly, until that day comes when there are no benefits left, or I'm simply acquired by another carrier by Sprint defaulting.

I'd prefer if they can't afford to pay the CEOs their multi-million dollar bonuses they don't do it, instead of saving money by taking early upgrades away. Early upgrade combined with the EVOs is what kept me with Sprint. Now I'll only have another 4 months to get out of my contract, instead of 12 like now. 4 months is nothing if Verizon has a better phone. As far as them being the cheapest, for what I actually use each month, Verizon is the same price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen