No more visual voicemail, but I get texts saying I have voicemail

flamingpixi

Jan 4, 2011
www.bbrunch.com
So something random happened a couple days ago. I got a text after a phone call saying I had a sprint voice mail, it was from "android" and it lists the number I got the VM from and the number 408 970 0000. When called, there is a message that says I have a device that gets mms & sms vm texts. No option to not get them or change anything.

I say random because I haven't changed my phone services, vm services or text service. I recently switched from handcent to go sms...but that was WAY before this weird stuff started. I haven't called sprint yet because I feel like the forums always have more answers than they do. If anybody has any advice I'd love to hear it. My phone is not rooted and I'm running gingerbread...and have been for awhile before this weirdness started.

The texts also happen whenever I get a vm & nothing shows up on visual vm anymore. I tried rebooting my phone several times.

Thanks everyone!

Rick

mikephenix

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: No more visual voicemail, but I get texts saying I have voice

I believe this has started when texting apps like handcent and gosms now have a feature that disables other messaging notifications, which has the adverse effect of breaking visual voicemail notifications. I use gosms, so go to settings receive settings, and uncheck "disable other message notification". This should take care of it for gosms, as for handcent there should be a similar option to disable to fix this for that application.

Reactions: andrewvalenti

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I believe this has started when texting apps like handcent and gosms now have a feature that disables other messaging notifications, which has the adverse effect of breaking visual voicemail notifications. I use gosms, so go to settings receive settings, and uncheck "disable other message notification". This should take care of it for gosms, as for handcent there should be a similar option to disable to fix this for that application.
handcent screwed mine up also. The only way i got it working was to compose and send a VM to activate@vvvm.sprint.com This got my notifications working again but, i'm still getting the stupid text every time as well.

Reactions: andrewvalenti

smartinez5

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

smartinez5

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I have done this and restarted. And its still not working, I am now recd double messages & vm.

JerryG

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I have done this and restarted. And its still not working, I am now recd double messages & vm.

I didn't follow the posted links, but I had the issue with an AOSP ROM (may have been CM7, currently using gingerbread-evo-deck 1.2 stable, it rocks!), and I had to clear the defaults for Handcent to fix this. The built-in messaging app appears to have special code to handle these messages properly.

HTH,
-Jerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur