No notification light for messages

thunderbottom

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
So I have been plagued (plagued) with having to check my actual screen whenever I wanna see whether I have a new text message or not on my Sensation. My indicator light doesn't light up at all to notify me for new text messages unless I'm using the phone or have a program like a web browser or game up on the screen. In fact I don't see it lighting up very often at all. Having to flick the screen on to check at work gets me into trouble. That's really the only reason I'm so concerned...

shortened: when phone is just sitting with keys locked, indicator light doesn't notify me of a new text message.

Anyone else have the same issue?

thunderbottom

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you check your settings under Settings->Display->Notification Flash?
I did. Everything is checked. I feel like this is a programming issue just because it definitely does flash on occasion. Just not regularly.

If I do a factory reset, I know ill have to redownload my apps but does anyone have any advice on what to do to back up my contacts, pictures, videos and all other personal data?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I did. Everything is checked. I feel like this is a programming issue just because it definitely does flash on occasion. Just not regularly.

If I do a factory reset, I know ill have to redownload my apps but does anyone have any advice on what to do to back up my contacts, pictures, videos and all other personal data?

Pictures, videos, and music are all stored on your [microSD] memory card and contacts are automatically backed up to Google contacts (if you used a gmail account as your primary). I don't necessarily know what you mean by personal data. Text messages or...?

thunderbottom

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
well that was a huge nightmare.... i SHOULD have checked my google account online to make sure all my contacts were synced up...they werent. luckily i could still type every single one of them by hand into my google contacts list on the computer to ensure this isnt an issue again... waiting for any of my friends to text me back to see if factory reset was a massive waste of time or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance