No predictive text available

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
New S9. Predictive text doesn't work at all. In the bar above the on screen keys where you would expect to see the predictions it just replicates what you have typed as a single word. It isn't autocorrecting or highlighting spelling mistakes either.

Yes, it is turned on in the keyboard settings. Have tried toggling it on and off (with a restart in-between). Have also tried changing the language to something else and back again, doesn't help.

Going round and round in circles for days anyone offer any good suggestions it's driving me insane?

Oh and whilst I'd rather use gboard it's not an option. Phone has a Knox workspace and the company compliance policy doesn't allow you to run a third party keyboard unfortunately.

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for pointing me to the thread. Two options to try there but both seem tricky. There is talk of downloading the dictionary - I don't seem to have a download button next to the language in the keyboard settings as other have described - how is that done?

Secondly how do I 'grant the keyboard the permissions it needs'? i.e. how do I know what they are?

Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for pointing me to the thread. Two options to try there but both seem tricky. There is talk of downloading the dictionary - I don't seem to have a download button next to the language in the keyboard settings as other have described - how is that done?

Secondly how do I 'grant the keyboard the permissions it needs'? i.e. how do I know what they are?

Thanks
Not sure about that, I don't own the S9. I'd recommend you to join that thread and ask them how they managed to solve the problem.

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the OP in the other thread downloaded a dictionary from within the Samsung keyboard settings and that fixed the problem for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell