No reply option on some text messages?

piannetta

May 13, 2012
Visit site
No reply option on some text messages

Hi there, I've suddenly noticed that for some text messages, usually ones from businesses where it shows a name and not a number, there's no way for me to reply. I've never seen this before, I've always been able to reply to every text message. But for these, I go into the message list for that number and there's no input section for me to type a reply. They're clearly expecting a reply as the message I'm trying to reply to says to reply STOP to opt out.

Not sure what to do, I've tried rebooting in case it was a problem, but no change

Pete

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: No reply option on some text messages

I have the same but I've never wanted to reply to these messages so it's not an issue for me so far. I actually thought it was a nice touch.

Personally I wouldn't reply to any 'spam' message even if it says reply to opt out. It just shows that your number is active and then you may get spammed more!

Posted via the Android Central App

piannetta

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: No reply option on some text messages

These are businesses that I know, so I'm fine to reply.

Hoping someone has an answer

Posted via the Android Central App

squishingtonIII

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I am told that you are receiving the SMS from an Internet to SMS service therefore there is no phone number, no contact details and no reply option. It is a process used by legitimate businesses and scammers alike unfortunately. The scammers usually have a ***@gmail.com address as their "personal email" for you to reply to so they can use word documents and translators to copy and paste scripts to you.

vannabananna

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way to block these messages that have no reply option? I am getting sick of being harassed by these messages that are not form companies i use
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777