No screen replacement through Asurion.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
*update*

Update..... The rep was an *****. I Re-did the claim with another Asurion rep, and I'm All set to have the screen replaced for $30 through Asurion at a Ubreakifix store down the road.

Thanks for the tip.

-----

Hey, All,

Even though Verizon insurance (Asurion) has a $29 deductible to replace a cracked screen, they, apparently, don't offer screen replacement on the Note 9. Just full replacement ($199).

Im addition, all 512GB Note 9 units are on backorder through Asurion.

Double fail.

I wonder if that's bad info, or there are other options to get the screen fixed.... Hmm...

Last edited:

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
From what a repair tech told me it usually takes a few months to get the at home screen repair option after a new device release. My son cracked his S8 within a week of release and only option was replacement. A few months later it happens again and they came to my house and replaced the screen.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
From what a repair tech told me it usually takes a few months to get the at home screen repair option after a new device release. My son cracked his S8 within a week of release and only option was replacement. A few months later it happens again and they came to my house and replaced the screen.

Good info, thank you!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Why I would never carry insurance. Use an Armadillotek case, Defender or Unicorn Beetle instead.

have you considered just going to ubreakifix? They're authorized Samsung repair so it won't void warranty.

Also, some Sprint Stores do phone repairs as well.

I would just go to places like that and get it fixed.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Why I would never carry insurance. Use an Armadillotek case, Defender or Unicorn Beetle instead.

have you considered just going to ubreakifix? They're authorized Samsung repair so it won't void warranty.

Also, some Sprint Stores do phone repairs as well.

I would just go to places like that and get it fixed.

I had a whitestone dome and a UAG armor case. The phone cracked BENEATH the dome. The screen protector and case are untouched.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Update..... The rep was an *****. I Re-did the claim with another Asurion rep, and I'm All set to have the screen replaced for $30 through Asurion at a Ubreakifix store down the road.

Thanks for the tip.