Question No sound on calls but microphone works on Whatsapp / FB / Voice Recording

Alan Surry

May 26, 2024
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for the ad. I'm new to the forum. I'm a self employed I.T. engineer by trade so I'm reasonably comfortable with technology, but this has got me stumped.

I've got a Cubot X20 mobile running Android 10. When I make outgoing or recieve incoming calls, there is no audio from the microphone. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. HOWEVER... If i make a Whatsapp call, a FB call or use a Voice Recorder app, then the microphone works fine. I've done a factory reset on phone but no luck. Logically, the microphone can't be faulty if it works on other apps, but logically, it can't be a rogue setting after a hard reset.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers. Al.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible the primary mic at the bottom of the phone is faulty or blocked. Regular calls use the primary mic, while other kinds of calls (like speakerphone or VoIP apps) use the secondary mic at the top of the phone.

Try this: record a video with sound, then listen to the video playback using earbuds. If you only hear sound coming from one channel, then that confirms that one of the mics (likely the primary mic) is not working correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3