No sound when watching VID?

vpnavy

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I get absolutely no sound when watching a video on Facebook or through the browser. I checked everything - can't figure out what the problem is - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

vpnavy

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Vid's show the audio (bars) going up and down but nothing coming out the speakers. When I go to speaker on a phone call - that works just fine.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Vid's show the audio (bars) going up and down but nothing coming out the speakers. When I go to speaker on a phone call - that works just fine.
When you are watching the videos on Facebook, are you clicking the video to expand it fullscreen to watch? If not, then that's why the video has no sound. The video playing as your are scrolling is a "preview" of sorts, although it is playing. You need to press the video to expand it and have sound.

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
What about from google chrome? Any youtube video that's embedded in the browser does not work. I always have to go to the app.

Posted via Android Central App

admiral_meathead

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue when I click a video link on FB (not the same as a video posted to FB). Doesn't matter if I enlarge the video or not, the sound still won't play. I have to try to find the original YouTube link or just get on my laptop when I get a chance. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, but I've yet to figure it out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ginny Robinson

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Ditto. I have the same issue as vpnavy. I have the exact same problem. I also have no sound when trying to watcha video on Facebook or through my browser also. I also checked everything. Very frustrating. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!

xXLTRABBITXx

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My Wife was having the same problem with her Samsung Galaxy S5, I had her plug in some head phones to see if there was a jack port stuck in the headphone slot, sure enough she unplugged her head phones and boom sound was working again! Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19