No USB MASS STORAGE Support!!? Only MTP PTP?

bilalmohRM

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
hello.
i am using an HTC One running on android 4.2.2 and i had lost allthe data due to factory reset. i would like to know how i could recover data. i tried all the softwares on the net to recover but it requires the HTC One to work on USB Maa storage mode and due to that the softwares cannot recover. someone please get me a solution. im desparate

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
hello.
i am using an HTC One running on android 4.2.2 and i had lost allthe data due to factory reset. i would like to know how i could recover data. i tried all the softwares on the net to recover but it requires the HTC One to work on USB Maa storage mode and due to that the softwares cannot recover. someone please get me a solution. im desparate

It might help if you posted this in the HTC One forums instead of the Galaxy Nexus forums....

graham Casseres

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
So I want to recover some date I erased by mistake. There are all these programs out there to do this but for this I need to be connected through mass storage.
I have a Samsung Tab 2 with the version 4.2.2 and it will not go into Mass storage mode. I got the developer options activated and select USB debugging but when I connect to the PC it will only give me the options to go to Mass storage, only MTP or PTP. Is the anyway for these recovery programs to see my Tab without having to root my Tab?
P.S. Of course I do see my Tab and SD card in my file explorer
Thx for any input.

ramkrishna456

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, have you got any solution for this one? I just got in to same kind of precarious position, lost valuable pictures of my kid, feeling pretty sad, please let me know if you had any solution for this one. thanks in advance.

Seb0422

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy - USB Utilities is not an option, I've opened the developer software and allowed USB debugging... but my only options for USB connection are camera or media - not storage device. I've tried multiple programs to recover my lost photos, and nothing will detect my phone!! I'm pretty bummed about losing my photos - any help would be greatly appreciated... this is so frustrating.

WesPck

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had succes with using USB tethering together with FTP.
I have a Dell tablet running Android 3.4.43
My PC is running Linux, Ubuntu Precise, to be precise.

I installed a free Android FTP server app on the tablet and run the open source Filezilla program on my PC. When I plug in the tablet, It appears as a wired network connection on the PC. The FTP server identifies the IP address and port. Filezilla on the PC allows me to transfer files to and from the Tablet

warrl

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The issue may be the use of custom backup/version-tracking/file-syncing software that doesn't support MTP or PTP protocols. If it isn't a matter of *just* copying files across, but of getting the proper versions of files out of a custom datastore and restoring them to the proper place, it's a task that could take a minute to set up with fully-compatible software but considerable time and effort to do because of the lack of mass-storage support.

I know I have a very nice setup that does three-way file syncing plus version control and backup, and can handle any device or storage area that can be mapped to a drive letter or a standard network share. Which means that the other end can be any OS that supports a compatible protocol, and nowadays practically every common protocol is compatible... except MTP/PTP.

GleT

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Explain why it's necessary for file browsing be limited slow system filtering of multimedia related files (MTP)? Or why would support PTP driver installation failure due to MTP Device detection only.

cyber7777

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy - USB Utilities is not an option, I've opened the developer software and allowed USB debugging... but my only options for USB connection are camera or media - not storage device. I've tried multiple programs to recover my lost photos, and nothing will detect my phone!! I'm pretty bummed about losing my photos - any help would be greatly appreciated... this is so frustrating.

Want 2 recover photos from android that is note 2 any software wants msc but note 2 only gave options mtp and ptp and there is also no option of usb utilites and usb debugging mode doesnt work..... plzzz help in a very bad condition ... want 2 recovee my files .. plz tell how I could get msc without rooting... plzz I did all the things but nothing showed up.. plzz help

Last edited by a moderator:

Rita Mhanna

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Facing the same problem, I managed to disable/enable USB debugging with no solution. I need to recover pictures after i did accidently a reset of the phone to factory mode...and all the recovery SW outhere are not able to detect my phone since i don't have that option of USB mass storage....Any help is appreciated!

Snagglepussify

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy S4: I recently had my device flashed for use with PagePlus & found that I couldn't connect via USB afterwards. This solution may not apply to you but it worked for me. Dial ##366633# then disable mtp.

Smallberries

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Two things: "the cloud is where it's at" is pure BS. I'm not always in Manhattan or a coffee shop in San Francisco. Sometimes, every once in a while I'm in places that DON'T HAVE CONNECTIVITY. Can you imagine that? Crazy right? Totally bonkers. Oh yeah and there's that whole issue of privacy, so I like to be in charge of my own data.
Second thing - the OnePlus One is fantastic, but now that I'm trying to transfer a sh*t-ton of mp3's I'm horrified at how agonizingly slow the MTP transfer speeds are - AND it incorrectly identified a file as having an unlicensed DRM. So now I have lawyers overseeing my file transfers too huh? WTF. Why oh why can't it be seen as a USB drive and operate that way? MTP is bogus. Stupid too. OnePlus and Cyanogen people take note: this will not stand, man.

harry_haller

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I agree that MTP is not the best way to transfer the data, and that my reply is somewhat delayed, but I think you should not insult people without any reason, especially if they are right. Back in 2013 with my Galaxy S3 I could transfer 15 GB in 20 minutes.

Nazir Hussain

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for posting this issue, Is there any solution for USB mass storage for Galaxy Nexus. I want to connect my mobile as USB drive to recover my pictures. please help.

Regards,
Nazir