Nook Color on Sale for $199 today only

CitiDB

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The Nook Color is currently listed on eBay for their Daily Deal as $249. However, they provide a -$50 off code (CBARNESDD) reducing the price to $199.

Which in my opinion is a great deal for the "e-reader" *cough froyo and future honeycomb tablet cough*

Link below
http://cgi.ebay.com/Barnes-%26-Noble-Nook-Color-Wi-Fi-eReader-w-$50-Coupon/290535929095?afepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&PID=1225267

- Figured this belonged in the Nook Color section rather than the marketplace since I have no connection to the sale

Edit*

The good news it this last until March 3rd

The offer will expire at 8:00:00 AM PT on March 3, 2011

Last edited:
Reactions: dlcullen

Brain_ReCall

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just registered to post this, but I had a feeling someone already got a hold of this deal.

I've been curzing ebay for awhile now trying to find a good deal on a nook color, and I've been sad to see a lot of them going barely under retail. This is probably the cheapest you're going to see a nook color in a while...

Now, the hunt for a fast microSD card! ;)

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting to note that B&N is the seller, which prompted me to buy. I wonder why the deal? But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. (I actually know what this little saying means!)

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
This deal pushed me over the edge to finally get one. I mean, $200, is hard to beat. If anything it will give me something to tinker with and help me decide if a tablet will fill a niche in my life before I drop $600 on a fully featured one. I bet B&N sells a truck load of these things at that price. Do you think they are doing it to get some last minute customers before the Xoom comes out?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting to note that B&N is the seller, which prompted me to buy. I wonder why the deal? But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. (I actually know what this little saying means!)

I went to B&N to see if they would price match. They said they could not since the Ebay ones are refurbs. The ebay page does not say that at all (at least, my reading and a ctrl+F can't find it), and ebay does not allow sellers to sell refurbs under the "New" label, so I hope this is not true, but it could be.

Also, would suck of B&N to sell refurbs at the same price as new units when not on sale.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I went to B&N to see if they would price match. They said they could not since the Ebay ones are refurbs. The ebay page does not say that at all (at least, my reading and a ctrl+F can't find it), and ebay does not allow sellers to sell refurbs under the "New" label, so I hope this is not true, but it could be.

Also, would suck of B&N to sell refurbs at the same price as new units when not on sale.

I doubt a big company like B&N would risk such a faux pas. I bought one and if I find out it was indeed a refurb and sold under the 'New' label (which it is) it will be going back immediately. I don't mind a refurb but don't mislead me by stating it is new.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like an excuse fro the in store employees to me..... I purchased one yesterday and will check it out when it comes in :)

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
is it true the original nookcolors were easier to work with installing roms and such? we have 2, I've never had any probs on the 1st one the 2nd one has given me fits so much when I try to do anything with ADB or even running Froyo on an SD card that I went back to 1.1 rooted...

it runs fine this way, love it! just wondering...

I got one of these today for my daughter! thanks for the info :)

anyway I guess I was thinking IF these are refurbished or new models returned... maybe it's a good thing?!

Nimh27

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm in for one also. Too good a deal to pass up.

I heard they've sold 7k of them this morning. I wonder how many they have in reserve.

Kazy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Refurbed is hardly ever a good thing. Whatever reason it was returned for the problem is probably still there.

I don't think you understand what "Refurbed" means. Refurbished means that they've identified the problem or found there to be no problem (Lots of people return things due to problems from user error), and the outside casing/glass is usually replaced.

Also this is until the 3rd.

If it were refurbished, the $199 price would be the actual price without a coupon. This is just an eBay coupon off a NEW nook. When B&N sold refurbished e-ink nooks for $99, they were labeled as such.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If it were refurbished, the $199 price would be the actual price without a coupon. This is just an eBay coupon off a NEW nook. When B&N sold refurbished e-ink nooks for $99, they were labeled as such.

why are they selling them on ebay instead of on the B&N site?

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that ordered actually received any info about it being shipped out, etc? I have heard NOTHING since I ordered!!

jeepsterguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I got my confirmation that it was sent today. It did not have any tracking information though, so I don't have any idea when I am going to get it. I picked it up for my wife. Mines rooted with HC and its been great, but I think I will root hers and leave it with 1.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly