Not getting emails for new threads in subscribed forum

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is probably self-inflicted, but I can't seem to figure out what broke, hoping someone can assist.

I'm subscribed to a couple of fora (I can't find the list, so I'm not sure which ones). But I know for sure I am subscribed (for "Daily updates by email") to the "GOOGLE PIXEL 4 & PIXEL 4 XL" forum, which is the one I care about at the moment.

I'm not getting email notifications when new threads are added to the Pixel 4 forum (yet new threads are being added to it). I have unsubscribed and re-subscribed to make sure I had the right setting ("Daily updates by email"). I have deleted the gmail rule that I had in place for these emails (just in case it was eating them). I have also looked in my Android Central inbox, but the notifications have not gone there either.

I am, however, getting emails for replies to threads in that same forum (only those that I subscribe to, of course).

Can anyone suggest something else I can check in my forum settings? I've looked all the way through my forum settings and can't see an obvious culprit.

Thanks.

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
To add a little more detail, I have confirmed I am getting the daily "new thread" emails for the V30 forum. But not for the Pixel 4 forum :(

Maybe no-one uses email digests any more, but (for me) it's a hell of a lot better use of my time to let emails pile up until I get some downtime to skim them, than to visit the forum each day looking for new stuff (kinda like going back to the fridge repetitively to see if any new food showed up).

wenglish98

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Since this was still not working, I decided to use the nuclear option and delete then re-create my account. I re-subscribed to several fora, and none of them (not even the LG V30 forum that was previously working) is sending emails the day (or longer) after new threads appear in each forum.

When testing I made sure to only visit the main page of each forum, looked at the list to determine what threads were new, did not click on those threads, and made a note to expect an email the next day (or later). No emails have come through since I resubscribed.

As I mentioned earlier, I checked all my filters/rules and looked in my spam folder.

If you're unable to diagnose this, no worries, I'll just keep visiting the fora and looking for new threads that I care about.

Thanks.