Not Receiving txt msgs from one contact only

A

AC Question

Does any SG 7 Edge experts have any idea about the below issue...

Frustrated and desperate!

ANDROID CENTRAL

Q&A > Question I have a strange problem with my Samsung Galaxy Edge 7. One of my contacts can receive my msgs. But i can not receive her txt msgs. This has not occurred with any other contact(s). I\'m sending and receiving msgs with every other contact\'s who I have tried to txt msg with, and have not encounted this issue. I have deleted the contact and re-entered the details and this did not fix my issue. Question for Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge experts. If I go to Apps and "Clear Data" will this delete everyone in my contact list???
Do U need to clear data in messages App.

Thx in Advance

Regards Dan

PS the contact I refer to is my wife and the person I txt with alot. So very frustrating Help PLEASE!!!!!!!! ANYONE

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've probably checked this already, but just to be sure -- open the Contacts app, select her contact, then tap Menu and make sure it's not set to Block.

D J Wheeler

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies

Yes I have checked that I didn't accidentally block her, it appears Ok and not blocked.

I have a Samsung S7 Edge. New in FEB 2017.

Not sure on the version of OS.

I keep it updated and have even checked and downloaded latest updates, thought it might fix this issue. It has not!!!

Someone suggested using App manager to " clear data" it warns me I may lose data permanently. Does that mean contacts critical info/details or if I clear data in messages it will wipe sms msgs threads completely.?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone suggested using App manager to " clear data" it warns me I may lose data permanently. Does that mean contacts critical info/details or if I clear data in messages it will wipe sms msgs threads completely.?

Clearing data from the Messaging app will probably delete any saved messages, but it shouldn't affect any of your saved Contacts.

How about Laura Knotek's question about any previous iPhones?

D J Wheeler

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
To B. Diddy,

Thx for your help and suggestions. I'm not worried about losing old txt msgs in the SG "MESSENGER" App. I was concerned I would lose data/contact info if I "cleared data" in Samsung Galaxy S7 Edges App management service. B. Diddy if I do this (clear data) in my Contacts App will I lose fundamental data, important details like phone numbers, email address or in the worst case delete whole contact info.??

I really appreciate your time in this issue.

Thx again,
Regards,
Dan

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure clearing the app data from the Contacts app would help this problem. But if you're interested in trying it, you'd probably have to clear the app data in the Contacts Storage app. I believe the Contacts app itself doesn't hold any of your actual contact information -- the data for the Contacts app is probably account information and app settings. (I'm about 95% sure of this, but not 100%, since I can't remember if I ever tested it myself.)

The question about losing your contact information depends on which accounts those contacts are saved to. If they're saved to your Google account, they can easily be synced back to the phone from the cloud (which is why I always strongly recommend this -- go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser to see if your phone's contacts are there, and they are, then they're synced to your Google account). If they're saved to the local Phone account only, then they're not synced anywhere automatically, so if you don't back them up manually on a regular basis, you're at risk of losing that information if you clear the Contacts Storage app data (or if something happens to the phone). A third possible account is your Samsung account, which would sync to your Samsung account in the cloud (if you've set it up). I'm not sure if there's an easy way to access those contacts in the cloud -- you'd need to ask someone who has direct experience with Samsung phones.

There's still the question of whether or not you ever used iMessage on an iPhone before. If so, there's a well-known issue where your phone number might not have been completely removed from the iMessage server, so if a contact sends you a text message via iMessage from an iPhone, it might get intercepted by the iMessage server, and therefore not send it to your SMS app. https://www.androidcentral.com/issues-texts-after-moving-android-iphone-here-s-easy-fix

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams