Note 10+ Android 10 - Official First Impressions & New Features

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the official thread for the official version of Android 10 for the Note10+/10.
What are your first impressions of the final version and what new features have you found? Please share with in this forum and let's help each other out with some new findings! Cheers and happy holidays!

P.S. Good job Samsung and Verizon getting the official update out so fast! 👏 (before 2020) MAJOR upgrade from old Samsung phones and update timelines.

Attachments

• 11960.jpg
    11960.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 71

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
As always the new Android update is just meh.. People always get in a hurry for nothing. I don't really like it, Goodlock doesn't work with it yet and there is an annoying black bar under the keyboard now.

Omar Cardenas

May 2, 2015
Visit site
As always the new Android update is just meh.. People always get in a hurry for nothing. I don't really like it, Goodlock doesn't work with it yet and there is an annoying black bar under the keyboard now.
Something must be wrong with yours because there is NO annoying black bar in my keyboard or my sisters keyboard. And yes we just updated both our notes .

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
So far, no issues. It is running nice and smooth and apps updated fine.

My one gripe is that the new OneDrive integration with Gallery only allows syncing from internal memory. It won't sync anything that is on my SD card. Hopefully Samsung will fix that. Otherwise, it smooth as silk.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 10+ Android 10 - Official First Impressions & New Features

This, 100% correct. Can't Samsung at least update their app, good-lock to work with the new OS. At least have that going also, better yet just make it part of the OS.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
May be placebo, but, the fingerprint scanner seems to work a little better. The AOD appears to move more.

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site

This area is on Gboard and stock keyboard now
Go into settings, display, navigation bar and turn off show button to hide keyboard.

Edit: looks like you lose keyboard switcher also.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
As always the new Android update is just meh.. People always get in a hurry for nothing. I don't really like it

True, but I was really looking forward to a huge feature in Android 10 which is the back button on the left or right anywhere on the screen and of course Verizon blocked it! I seriously cannot believe this... anyone find this a big problem or a workaround fix??! I'm so bummed.. 🙁

Attachments

• 12031.jpg
    12031.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 65

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site

True, but I was really looking forward to a huge feature in Android 10 which is the back button on the left or right anywhere on the screen and of course Verizon blocked it! I seriously cannot believe this... anyone find this a big problem or a workaround fix??! I'm so bummed..
I'm on Verizon 10+ and I can select options and turn on swiping from the sides to go back.
9441a385ea7644a8074772156796115a.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
True, but I was really looking forward to a huge feature in Android 10 which is the back button on the left or right anywhere on the screen and of course Verizon blocked it! I seriously cannot believe this... anyone find this a big problem or a workaround fix??! I'm so bummed..
Are you a different launcher. Was told they don't work on different launcher. Don't know

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you a different launcher. Was told they don't work on different launcher. Don't know

Yes I'm on Nova... Wow if this is true, that is complete BS 🤦*♂️

Updated**

Yes, you are exactly right THAT WAS THE PROBLEM! This is exactly why I love this forum because we all help each other. Thank you and this is very disappointing because I am not going off of Nova so I won't be able to use the feature that I want and need :( I like it far too much to use stocn and have been using it for 10 yrs+.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not using One UI though. I use Microsoft Launcher and it seems to work great with 10. I also had an "aha" moment. I was trying to figure out where my photos in Gallery sync to OneDrive. FYI, it syncs to a folder called "Pictures\Samsung Gallery\DCIM\Camera." It doesn't sync to "Pictures\Camera Roll" anymore.

I just uninstalled Google Photo. That is one less Google app I need.

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm on Nova... Wow if this is true, that is complete BS *
If you download Good Lock from the Samsung app store there is an app called one hand operation in the family section that does back from the sides, as well as being able to pull down the notification from the side of the phone. Most of the good lock apps are not available for Android 10 but that one is and is working. I tested it on Nova and it worked still.
d24c7c80a429b6d417c3b02870c4d2bc.jpg

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
True, but I was really looking forward to a huge feature in Android 10 which is the back button on the left or right anywhere on the screen and of course Verizon blocked it! I seriously cannot believe this... anyone find this a big problem or a workaround fix??! I'm so bummed.. 🙁

I've already been using that feature long before this update with one hand operation+ in the Goodlock family. Glad that still works with the new update.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If you download Good Lock from the Samsung app store there is an app called one hand operation in the family section that does back from the sides, as well as being able to pull down the notification from the side of the phone. Most of the good lock apps are not available for Android 10 but that one is and is working. I tested it on Nova and it worked still.
d24c7c80a429b6d417c3b02870c4d2bc.jpg

Thanks I just tried it and it's just not the same as stock android 10...🙁 Thanks for the help though

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the front facing camera got the notification light with the update? I read somewhere that supposedly Samsung would put it in with Android 10. I know there's a way of turning it on through edge screen, I believe, but I want it to light up continuously like on the note 9.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the front facing camera got the notification light with the update? I read somewhere that supposedly Samsung would put it in with Android 10. I know there's a way of turning it on through edge screen, I believe, but I want it to light up continuously like on the note 9.
From what I can see is they just added more Edge Screen effects that incorporates the camera hole. So still not a true led notification indicator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez