Note 10 chips in us exynos except verizon

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung Exynos twitter account seems to be confirming this also. They just released a teaser video about a powerful new Exynos chip to be unveiled on August 7th.

https://twitter.com/SamsungExynos

Not sure how to feel about losing the Snapdragon SoC in the U.S. Note series...

The Exynos WILL be in the Note 10.....international versions that is. I'll bet US Note 10s get a snapdragon.

Last edited:

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Unless one is a gamer I don't see the need for the SD 855+-an overclocked SD 855.

You're right. SD855 is actually better for battery life too vs SD855+. And battery life is more important to me.
But it's cool to know you have a newer, faster CPU especially when other phones coming out through the rest of the year will have the 855+.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah , dont want lose SD but will this guarantee update faster like international?

Updates are delayed in the US on the unlocked models because they bend over back to US carriers and don’t want to push updates without some made up carrier certification of updates on unlocked models. So snapdragon or exynos won’t change that aspect in the US.

On a side note, I believe that all US versions will be snapdragons and will be a huge surprise if it’s not. Evleaks most likely wrong on this one.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Updates are delayed in the US on the unlocked models because they bend over back to US carriers and don’t want to push updates without some made up carrier certification of updates on unlocked models. So snapdragon or exynos won’t change that aspect in the US.

On a side note, I believe that all US versions will be snapdragons and will be a huge surprise if it’s not. Evleaks most likely wrong on this one.
I agree on the delay for unlocked models , after certified by all 4 carriers then it's released. They could bring exynos chip to everyone but Verizon , they done it on the s6 edge , maybe this is a way to keep carrier out of this crazy update cycle between different versions. But soon enough will find out .

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree on the delay for unlocked models , after certified by all 4 carriers then it's released. They could bring exynos chip to everyone but Verizon , they done it on the s6 edge , maybe this is a way to keep carrier out of this crazy update cycle between different versions. But soon enough will find out .

That’s possible on exynos chip being present but I can bet it changes nothing on the us unlocked model update

Also on the S6 weren’t all US versions exynos? They did that because SD 810 was crap and they didn’t want to use that on any version.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That’s possible on exynos chip being present but I can bet it changes nothing on the us unlocked model update

Also on the S6 weren’t all US versions exynos? They did that because SD 810 was crap and they didn’t want to use that on any version.
You could be right it won't change anything about updates if they do bring exynos chip here to US , and yes that was the rumors why they put in the s6 exynos chip
But those were also different times and different things going on , Samsung eventually going have to change this up with updates , might not be a easy solution it's can't go on forever either somewhere its going to start.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You could be right it won't change anything about updates if they do bring exynos chip here to US , and yes that was the rumors why they put in the s6 exynos chip
But those were also different times and different things going on , Samsung eventually going have to change this up with updates , might not be a easy solution it's can't go on forever either somewhere its going to start.

Personally I’m rooting it to be exynos since I’m bored with snapdragon in every android phone I have and would be a nice change

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was cleared up that the info was incorrect. U.S. will use Snapdragon as usual. We'll find out tomorrow.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If the Note 10 turns out to not have a SD card slot, would that make it harder to flash the ROM? Can it be done now via USB C thumb drive?

Really hoping that the Note 10+ does have the SD card feature. The size of it is basically the same dimensions as the Note 9, per a comparison of a dummy phone used for case makers. That would make the Note 10+ an easy choice.

the note 10 plus has the sd card slot