Note 10+ Review (PhoneArena)

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Sadly, I've had every Note and S +(yes, I have phone issues), and the iPhone X Max and still have an XS. There is no question it all depends on how you use your phone, as the Max never lasted as long as my Note 9 or S10 +. To your point, for the first 50% it would seem like the Max was going to outlast the Galaxies, but it was downhill quickly from there. I got my wife the the XS Max and she's frequently charging by mid-day.

My XS max capacity fell from 100 to 96 after about 8 months and the difference was noticeable. I got a warranty exchange for other reasons and it’s improved but it’s still barely a 1 day phone. I was hoping the Note would blow it away Huawei style. I guess not.

Easycure1974

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, I've had every Note and S +(yes, I have phone issues), and the iPhone X Max and still have an XS. There is no question it all depends on how you use your phone, as the Max never lasted as long as my Note 9 or S10 +. To your point, for the first 50% it would seem like the Max was going to outlast the Galaxies, but it was downhill quickly from there. I got my wife the the XS Max and she's frequently charging by mid-day.

If she is charging mid-day she must be a really heavy user :) I have two lines active In my, four exchange push mail accounts and two gmail accounts fetching every hour. Taking a lot of calls, messages and mails and using Teams and Skype, WhatsApp, watching some videos and surf. Facebook and so on and I charge it in the evening. It’s holds up way better than my Exynos equipped S10+

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
My Note 9 easily last me full day with lots of social apps and smart watch connected and have only 10gb left of my 128gb....i have around 100 or more apps.... Iam sure Note 10 plus with 7nm chip and super fast charging would easily last full day....

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Battery, Flatter me, it's all up to individual user. We'll all play around with the adjustments to get the most out of the battery. Carry a mini charger here and there.
And of course have a car charger as well.

It's not an issue if you make it one. Putting a 7500mah battery in the note still won't solve it.

We just use our phone to much. It's what we do!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏😁😁😁

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
My XS max capacity fell from 100 to 96 after about 8 months and the difference was noticeable. I got a warranty exchange for other reasons and it’s improved but it’s still barely a 1 day phone. I was hoping the Note would blow it away Huawei style. I guess not.

My XS Max fell to 98 and it was noticeable which makes me think it’s not really 98 - I have to top off every day now. If it were fast charging it wouldn’t be a big deal so looking forward to 25/45 watt charging.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This review not bad:

"Battery life: Battery life truly lasts all day, and recharging with the included 25-watt charger is impressively fast. The Note 10 Plus' 4,300mAh routinely went from empty to fully charged in 65 minutes."

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-10-plus-ongoing-review-the-camera-gets-a-big-boost/
That's the 855 version. Seeing an apparent trend perhaps where the Exynos version is showing less than the 855 version. Doubtful, since not enough to sample and some were positive for the Exynos version.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Just ran a quick one hour idle test on my Max since the testers seem to neglect this and I don’t usually pay attention because the phone lasts the day easily. Phone was connected to WiFi and I have the usual stuff on my phone that updates in the background..... email, Tapatalk, yahoo sports scores, weather. In 60 minutes the phone dropped from 58 to 57 percent. 3:20 screen on time today and the phone has been on for 14 hours.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, and that is one reason I am considering canceling my order now. I need battery life and its the primary reason I was looking at it. XS Max lasts me more than a day easily.

Lol , don't trust that review, that is actually imposible , the xsmax has horrible battery life, specially compared to a note 10+
Samsung phones have something called intelligent battery , that learns your usage, give it 2 weeks and your phone will last a day and a half easy
Look at this review from
Cnet https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-10-plus-ongoing-review-samsungs-camera-gets-a-big-boost/
And I quote:
Battery life: Battery life truly lasts all day, and recharging with the included 25-watt charger is impressively fast. The Note 10 Plus' 4,300mAh routinely went from empty to fully charged in 65 minutes.
That from Jessica Dolcourt at Cnet

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand battery life being a reason to not buy this phone. If it was only lasting half the day, sure that would be a problem. If you are really not in in your car or near an outlet all day long, carry a battery pack. You can get one for less than $20 that is not much bigger than a tube of chapstick or lipstick that will recharge the Note to 100% along with a small 3" cable.

To each their own, but with all the ways to quickly recharge today, it seems silly to pass on a phone that you like just because you might come up short on battery if you literally never plug in during the day. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Seems like a pretty good review, people call the guy "Apple fanboy". Okay. Just because he shares his experiences with the battery life doesn't mean he is an Apple fanboy. He praises mostly everything else.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Lol , don't trust that review, that is actually imposible , the xsmax has horrible battery life, specially compared to a note 10+
Samsung phones have something called intelligent battery , that learns your usage, give it 2 weeks and your phone will last a day and a half easy
Look at this review from
Cnet https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-10-plus-ongoing-review-samsungs-camera-gets-a-big-boost/
And I quote:
Battery life: Battery life truly lasts all day, and recharging with the included 25-watt charger is impressively fast. The Note 10 Plus' 4,300mAh routinely went from empty to fully charged in 65 minutes.
That from Jessica Dolcourt at Cnet

From Android Central the review writer said during a 16 hour day with between 3 and 4 hours of screen time he is left with 20%. On my Max right now I’m winding down a 16 hour day with my battery at 52% and screen time is 4:23 minutes. That 25 watt charger will come in handy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-plus-review?amp

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I also question battery reviews... Android Pie and Samsung use a learning AI battery process that takes 2 weeks to learn your routine an optimize the battery. This is well known (and well ignored), yet they take phones out of the box and battery test them to older phones.

The tests... good and bad, are bogus.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Seems like a pretty good review, people call the guy "Apple fanboy". Okay. Just because he shares his experiences with the battery life doesn't mean he is an Apple fanboy. He praises mostly everything else.

From your comment I understand you know nothing about this reviewer. You need to check the comments and his previous articles.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Have to agree the person seems an Apple fanboy. Would be like me reviewing an iPhone. Gonna be biased.

Right so he says the photos taken are excellent but doesn’t mention the cameras as a pro at the end. Yet the XS Max got its cameras listed as a pro and they aren’t as good as the Note 10. To be honest, phone arena isn’t the best, most detailed or most credible phone review site...for good and mostly impartial reviews I would visit Tech Radar, Android Authority or Android Central.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Batteries on cell phones to me really doesn't matter as much as they use to since I have a charger everywhere I go I even carry a portable in case I am out and about all day. How many days are people looking for? I am getting about a 18 hours out of my note plus with medium usage.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I always assume a review is going to be garbage when the reviewer is wearing an apple watch.

Having Android users review Android devices and Apple users review Apple devices will inetivably lead to bias in some cases...same if you have an Apple user review an Android device. That’s a dilemma, but I really appreciate tech sites/reviewers who are reliable and do their best to be reasonable and unbiased. TechRadar is particularly good at that in my opinion (despite them being a bit stingy sometimes)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter