Note 10+ Review (PhoneArena)

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
To the people who are saying the XS battery life is garbage, that’s just not the case at all. I tend to rotate between iPhone and android fairly consistently and I have always had slightly better battery life on the latest iPhones. That’s not to say that android battery life isn’t good, for MY usage the iPhone tends to last a little longer.

I think we are comparing Macintosh to honeycrisp at this point with phones (yes that was an apple joke). Slightly different flavors but all preference.

We can argue camera specs and battery life all day but Samsung and apple both are putting out stellar devices.

Just recently I had the S10+ moved from the XS Max. I missed FaceID so much I went back. I ran with the S10+ for over a month but for MY use I couldn’t deal with the fingerprint scanner in the screen over FaceID I wear neoprene gloves too often at work.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Agreed. My XS Max has now proven to have better battery life than my Note 10 plus. I barely went past 70% by the time I got home with the same usage. The Note 10 is below 50%. XS Max doesn't deal with runaway apps, and stuff running in the background just eating up the battery.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
According to accubattery I'm discharging at 7.7% per hour with the screen off. Which is ridiculous. Just goes to show how bogus the battery drain comparisons are. They don't test the OS and how it deals with normal usage. They simply test pounding the battery into submission with running games, videos non stop till the battery dies. I'm pretty close to returning this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
According to accubattery I'm discharging at 7.7% per hour with the screen off. Which is ridiculous. Just goes to show how bogus the battery drain comparisons are. They don't test the OS and how it deals with normal usage. They simply test pounding the battery into submission with running games, videos non stop till the battery dies. I'm pretty close to returning this.
You might have some app causing this .

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I for one don’t trust these YouTube battery drain tests...way too many of them contradicting each other and have click bait titles. Some of them aren’t even consistent. Samsung devices do have an app called Device Maintenance which shuts down background apps if you like. But Apple devices do have background apps running...you just can’t can’t see them.

I’m more inclined to believe the Note 10+ has better battery life than the XS Max.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Well up to a few days ago I owned the Max and not only does it have better battery life it isn't even close. My Note 10 has been in the charger frequently already and I can count on one hand my Max required that over a year.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Everyone is looking for something different in their phone, I believe we are all here because we like the s-pen. If it's not for you, Samsung has that covered - It's called the "S" series :) Reviews.... Everyone has likes & dislikes, I read what people have to say, make my own observations and decide for myself. That's really the bottom line, it either works for you or it doesn't and that's it..

Cheers,
BR

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter