Oct 26, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone,I was using my Samsung note 2 and at once it fell off and when I try to turn it there is the Samsung logo and nothing else and it stays there unlimited. I tried to wipe the data with recovery mode but nothing helped. And also in the recovery mode I was getting a lot of red errors with the Android logo with a warning triangle saying E: failed to mount /data E: failed to mount /efs E: failed to mount /system E: failed to mount /cache error...
So Searching on internet I found out that I had to touch the data of the phone and for that I need to use odin. I tried several Firmwares for Note 2 AP, but I keep getting this in odin:
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!

Please help me guys to solve this problem, thank you very much!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does "fell off" mean "off a table"? Turned off?

Those last 3 lines say one of 2 things:

The firmware you're trying to flash is for a different variant of the Note 2 (different country, different carrier, etc.)
or
The internal storage in the phone (hardware) is bad. That means a new motherboard and I hardly think it pays for a Note 2. You could probably buy a gently used Note 4 or 5 for what it would cost to fix the Note 2. (The errors you're getting in recovery are pointing to the same problem.)

You can try it again (I've sometimes had a bad flash for no apparent reason and doing it again worked), but if that "fell off" meant physically, it probably broke something.

Oct 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi!

Thank you very much for your answer. Your second statement is correct: By fell off, I meant turned off. The phone was in a perfect condition and never fell off a table, ...
I live in Belgium and I had or the last or the one before the last android version, can you please tell me how I can find the correct firmware to flash?

Thank you very much!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause